This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Conagra. All opinions are 100% mine.
We are all about the easy dinner recipes right now and these Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes with Manwich will be on our dinner plan all through the school year. Now, more than ever, we need a routine along with easy and delicious meals to get us through the week.
So, I’m sharing our back-to-school routine with you along with lots of ideas to help make the start of the school season as smooth and organized as possible. With five kiddos at our house, we know how hectic this time of year can be!
Easy Manwich Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
Over the last few weeks, I’ve been working on getting our family organized for the start of the fall and this year it’s a little more challenging. With five kids going in all directions, now more than ever, we need a routine that keeps everyone on track – including mom and dad!
Luckily, Conagra and Walmart are helping us create all the “Feel-Goods” with delicious meal ideas and products to help make life easier. I buy all of our favorite Conagra products using Walmart’s online ordering. It’s so convenient and easy.
Using quality products like Manwich makes dinnertime so much easier for us and Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes are our family’s new favorite. Giving them a Tex-Mex twist is an easy way to switch up the classic. It’s a hearty, comforting dinner that welcomes everyone home after a long day at school.
Manwich along with other snacks and meal ideas will bring the “Feel-Goods” to our home this year. That, along with our back-to-school routine, will definitely take away the stress at our home.
Back-to-School Feel-Good Ideas
For us, each day has a theme to make it fun for the kids but also to keep it flexible because surprises like last-minute events, school work, and other commitments have a way of popping up unexpectedly. So, this plan gives us structure but with some wiggle room to switch things up if needed.
· Manwich Monday: With five kids ranging in age from 9 to 17 years old, easy dinners like Manwich Tex Mex Sloppy Joes, simple pasta dishes, or Banquet Mega Bowls Country Fried Chicken are just a few of easy dinner meals to help you kick off the week.
· Taco Tuesday! This is always a hit at our house and you can get creative and switch it up every week. Make veggie tacos, taquitos or set up a fun Taco Bar to keep it fun and engaging for your family. You can easily work in Manwich to your taco meat, which will add a ton of flavor. Or use leftover from Manwich Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes. Bonus, you get two meals in one!
· Pack It Wednesday! When the kids make their own lunches, it saves so much time and I like to make it easy by keeping the essentials on hand. Our oldest loves Banquet Mega Bowls Country Fried Chicken. He’s a senior this year and can easily warm it up at school or at home. For the younger kids, a simple PB & J with some veggie sticks and chips make an easy lunch they can assemble themselves.
· Keep It Moving Thursday! At this point, during the week everyone’s eyes are on the weekend so I like to keep the energy up by making a wholesome and hearty breakfast. Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage Biscuits are always stocked in our freezer. They are fully cooked so we can just pop them in the microwave for a fast and easy breakfast.
· Sweet Treat Friday! We love to end a busy week on a sweet note with something simple like BOOMCHICKAPOP Zebra popcorn, Snack Pack Chocolate Pudding Cups or Duncan Hines Mega Cookie Chocolate Chunk Pan Cookie Mix.
Get a Great Start to the Day with these Feel-Good Ideas
For our family, a good start to the day means a successful day! So, I’ve also put together a “Feel-Goods” Morning Routine so we can all start the day on the right foot.
- Have a wholesome and delicious breakfast: For a quick and delicious breakfast, I love to keep Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage & Buttermilk Biscuits stocked. They’re fully cooked and packaged in easy-to-open stay-fresh packages so it’s easy for the kids to warm them up themselves. They are filling and such a time-saver.
- It’s important to go over the day’s schedule as a family so we set aside time every morning to do this. Knowing the plan and what everyone is doing during the day helps eliminate surprises and makes life so much easier when it’s busy.
- Family time is so important and so we eat breakfast without electronics at the table. It’s such a simple thing that has big rewards. I love this special time with the kids in the morning.
- We’ve streamlined busy weekday mornings by asking the kids to lay out their clothes the night before. This makes getting ready so much easier! No last-minute searches for that special sweater or sports jersey that’s gone missing.
- Nothing creates morning mayhem than five kids trying to pack their lunches. So, we’ve made a simple change and have them organize and pack their lunch the night before. It makes for a more peaceful start to the day.
These are simple steps, but combined together they have made our mornings blissful instead of stressful. Simplifying your morning will definitely bring the “Feel-Goods” and help start your family’s day on the right foot.
Start the Week Off Right with Manwich Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
To help you get started with your weekly routine, I’m sharing one of our favorite back-to-school dinners.
My family loves these easy Manwich Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes. So much, in
fact, we might just reserve Mondays for Manwich! The savory sauce, tender beef and veggies are the perfect combination.
With Manwich the work is cut in half making this the ultimate back-to-school dinner. I’ve used both the Original Manwich and Bold flavor – both work equally well in this dish. It’s an easy one-pan dinner that I know your family will love, too.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Ground Beef
- Bell peppers
- Manwich (Original or Bold)
- Taco seasoning
- Canned black beans
- Frozen corn
- Olive oil
- Season the beef with salt and cook it in a large pan until it’s no longer pink. Remove it from the pan and drain off the excess fat.
- In the same pan, cook the peppers, corn, and onions in the olive oil until tender. Add the cooked beef and the black beans.
- Stir in the Manwich, salsa, cumin, and taco seasoning. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer it for 10 to 15 minutes.
I love to serve the sloppy joes on brioche buns with slices of cheddar cheese but we also love it as a dip for tortilla chips!
I’m so happy to share our back-to-school routine with you along with this Manwich Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes recipe – I hope you find some inspiration to create the “Feel-Goods” at your house with Conagra and Walmart.
Enjoy! XOXO San
Don’t forget to pin this Sloppy Joe recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans drained
- 1 can plus 2/3 cup Manwich Original or Bold flavor
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- hamburger buns, sliced cheddar, and chopped cilantro for serving (see note)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef with 1/2 teaspoon of salt over medium heat for six to eight minutes or until the beef is no longer pink. As the beef cooks, break it apart so it's crumbled. Remove the beef from the pan and drain the excess fat.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the peppers, corn, and onion for four to five minutes or until they are tender.
- Add the cooked beef, black beans, Manwich, salsa, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the taco seasoning. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sloppy joes, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occassionally.
Save this recipe on your favorite Pinterest board for later!