Firecracker Shrimp - a sweet & spicy combination with tantalizing flavors, this gorgeous meal is ready in 20-minutes.
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined (about 25 shrimp)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup sweet chili garlic sauce in the oriental aisle at the grocery store
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Heat canola oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
Lightly toss the shrimp in the cornstarch until coated. Dip them individually into the beaten eggs right before frying.
Add shrimp about 4-6 at a time depending on your saucepan and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp, discarding any excess oil.
Wipe out the pan you just used to cook the shrimp. Combine the sweet chili garlic sauce, lemon juice, and zest, honey, garlic salt ginger and Sriracha. and bring to boil over medium-high heat, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the shrimp back in - into pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately with rice or over fresh veggies.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 245mg | Sodium: 1025mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 2mg