Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup
This hearty Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup will be a family favorite. Delicious & easy to make, you're simply going to love how easy it comes together.
- 3 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth if you like a less salty soup, use low sodium
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt to taste, I use 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup kale roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-n-half milk would work too
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 9 ounce package THREE BRIDGES Triple Cheese Tortellini
In a large pan add sausage, onion, and garlic. Roughly chop while the sausage is cooking and cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely cooked through; about 8-10 minutes.
Once sausage is cooked remove from heat and drain excess grease if you desire.
In a 6 qt. slow cooker add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cooked sausage and all of the seasonings.
Add lid onto slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5.
Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, and tortellini and cook for another 20 minutes.
Then add chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
Once cooked, serve and garnish with more cheese if you so desire.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 686mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1308IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 2mg