Arugula and Hearts of Palm Salad
Arugula and Hearts of Palm Salad - this Brazilian inspired salad is rich with flavor and dressed in a light, sweet lemon vinaigrette.
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 - 14- ounce cans hearts of palm drained and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 ounces coarsely chopped arugula
- 1/2 finely sliced shallots about 3 small shallots
- Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon garlic oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
In a medium bowl, toss the halved cherry tomatoes with the shallots, add in hearts of palm, avocado, bacon and chopped arugula.
Make the dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients in a small mason jar. Drizzle over the salad, toss gently and serve immediately.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.5mg