Creamy BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
Creamy BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad is guaranteed to be a spring & summer favorite. Packed with BBQ chicken, taco chips, greens, and veggies, and tossed with a homemade BBQ Ranch dressing, this salad will be a real crowd-pleaser.
- 1 cup Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cups Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 1 ounce Ranch seasoning packet
- 3 heads Romaine lettuce coarsley chopped
- 4 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1 small purple onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno cut in half, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn chilled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 cups crushed taco chips
In a large bowl, add chicken thighs and 1 cup of Kingsford Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and set in fridge; allow chicken to marinate for an hour or two.
Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning as needed to cook evenly on each side. Once chicken has reached the internal temperature of 165 degrees and juices are running clear, allow chicken to rest on a plate for 10 minutes while making the dressing.
In a blender or food processor, add mayo, milk, 1/4 cup of Kingsford Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce and Ranch seasoning packet. Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth. Pour into large mason jar, screw-on lid and set in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Chop up chicken. Allow to cool completely before you add to the salad.
In a large bowl, start by adding the chopped Romaine lettuce and spinach, then the remaining vegetables, crushed taco chips, and grilled BBQ chicken.
Drizzle with BBQ Ranch Dressing (as much or as little as you would like). You can even serve it on the side to allow those to add their own dressing.
If you are making this ahead of time, wait to add dressing and taco chips until right before you serve so the salad doesn't get soggy.
Calories: 5841kcal | Carbohydrates: 360g | Protein: 224g | Fat: 394g | Saturated Fat: 84g | Cholesterol: 1215mg | Sodium: 7126mg | Potassium: 6122mg | Fiber: 30g | Sugar: 165g | Vitamin A: 27490IU | Vitamin C: 363.6mg | Calcium: 997mg | Iron: 20.1mg