Sesame Pulled Pork
This Sesame Pulled Pork is made in your slow cooker with a sweet sesame sauce. Forget the takeout, this is bound to become a dinnertime favorite.
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless pork tenderloin
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Asian sweet chili sauce found in the Asian aisle at the grocery store
- 2 tablespoon Hoisin sauce found in the Asian aisle at the grocery store
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste optional. adds a touch of heat
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup white onion finely diced
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- serve with rice
Season pork loin with salt and a dash of pepper. Add olive oil to large skillet and place over medium-heat. Add pork to the hot oiled pan and sear until all sides are browned.
Place seared pork in slow cooker.
Add all of the sauce ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour sauce over pork in the slow cooker, turn pork in sauce to coat all sides.
Set slow cooker to your desired setting, cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
Once pork is tender and complete cooked. Shred pork and place back in the slow cooker and cook in the sauce for about 15-20 minutes.
Serve pork over rice, garnishing with chopped green onions, cilantro (my husband’s favorite garnish) and sesame seeds.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1630mg | Potassium: 718mg | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2.1mg