Slow Cooker Quinoa Tortilla Soup
This Slow Cooker Quinoa Tortilla Soup is packed with flavor. Simply throw it all together in the slow cooker for a few hours and viola! Dinner is served.
- 1 red bell pepper cut in half, stem and seeds removed
- 1 green bell pepper cut in half, stem and seeds removed
- 1 jalapeno cut in half, stem and seeds removed
- 2- 14.5 ounce can Hunt’s diced tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce can RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 14.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 white onion diced
- 15 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
Place oven on high broil. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place red and green bell peppers down. Add jalapeno. Broil on high for 5-10 minutes per side, or until skins are starting to turn a dark brown color. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Add Hunt’s diced tomatoes, RO*TEL, enchilada sauce, and chicken broth to a slow cooker and turn the slow cooker on. Depending on how long you want this to simmer, turn it on low for 6-7 hours and high for 3-4 hours.
Chop the roasted peppers and jalapeno and add to the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients: corn, black beans, onion, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Lastly add the quinoa, stir together and then place lid on slow cooker and let it simmer, until hot and ready.
I cook this on high heat and let it cook for a little over 4 hours, it comes out just perfect. Enjoy!
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 2357mg | Potassium: 1232mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1925IU | Vitamin C: 88mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 6.7mg