Mexican Quinoa Bake
This Mexican Quinoa Bake is an amazing, creamy, and delicious dinner that is simply filled with flavor. The best part is it only takes 30 minutes to make.
- 14.5 ounce carton Campbell’s Mexican Style Tomato Soup
- 1 cup quinoa prepared
- 1 cup fontina cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup purple onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 14.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted poblano chiles or can green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- avocado chopped
- tomatoes chopped
- jalapenos sliced
Prepare 1 cup quinoa according to package directions. I used 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water, brought it to a rolling boil, then covered and reduced heat to low and simmered for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add cooked quinoa to a 2 quart baking dish. Top with purple onion, red bell pepper, corn, black beans, cilantro, and chilies.
Pour Campbell’s Mexican Tomato Soup over the top add seasonings & 1/2 cup Fontina and 1/2 Cheddar cheese. Mix together using two spoons to combine. Top with left over cheese. Set in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with avocado, tomatoes and jalapenos, then serve.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 633mg | Potassium: 679mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 2.7mg