The combination of juicy chicken and the classic chili dish compliment each other; filling your stomach and your soul with warmth.
- 16 ounces black beans drained
- 16 ounces kidney beans drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts uncooked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro + more to top
Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir until combined. Place uncooked chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours (this is my ideal way to cook it) or on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
When there is 1 hour left, remove chicken and shred. Stir into sauce and continue cooking. I like to remove the lid about 30 minutes before I serve to cool it off a little and let it thicken
Top with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, chopped scallions, avocado, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 437mg | Potassium: 716mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2530IU | Vitamin C: 29.5mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3.7mg