Crock Pot Tortellini Soup
Crock Pot Tortellini Soup is a cheesy and hearty soup with fresh spinach, mushrooms, and onions. Toss in a crockpot and let it do all the work.
- 1.5 ounce envelope white sauce mix Alfredo or Four Cheese
- 4 cups water
- 14 ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 8 ounce package dried cheese tortellini
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk I use fat free
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- ground black pepper optional
- finely shredded Parmesan cheese optional
Place dry white sauce mix in a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 1197mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 4895IU | Vitamin C: 16.6mg | Calcium: 391mg | Iron: 2.5mg