Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is an easy twist on the classic dish. Made with green pepper, onion, celery, chicken stock, chicken, & smoked sausage.
Servings: 6 -8
- 29 ounce diced tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into ½ pieces
- 1 pound boneless-skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper optional
- red pepper flakes optional
Combine tomatoes with juice and broth in slow cooker.
Add sausage, chicken, onion, bell pepper, celery, oregano, thyme, and red pepper. Stir well. Cover; cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Serve gumbo over rice.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1172mg | Potassium: 764mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 35.8mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 4.1mg