Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars – Chewy oatmeal bars with a white chocolate peanut butter topping, no one will be able to keep their hands off these.
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are a delicious treat inspired by one of my all-time favorite recipes Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars. You literally can’t beat this soft and chewy bar base and the combination of white chocolate and peanut butter top them off to be insanely delicious.
For spring and summer, I love making recipes that make great and delicious afternoon or poolside snacks. What I love about these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars is that I can make 2 pans at the same time and then once they are chilled, slice them up and freeze. It’s perfect for the cooler and then they defrost just in time for you to devour.
The combination of oats, chocolate, and peanut butter is literal perfect in my foodie book. And I love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars with milk, white, dark or semi-sweet chocolate. Although milk would probably be my favorite because that is what the original recipes call for.
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are awesome for those backyard barbecues or potluck get-togethers. And they are always the first treat to be gone from the table. I kind of pride myself on that. My husband hates having these bars around because he will literally make himself sick overeating on them.
What I love most about bars like these is that you can cut them into any size to serve. Bite-sized to big ole slices, you can create as many bars as you like. I love cutting these into 24 bars, as it always makes the perfect amount. If I am serving these for my family only, we make about 20 bars.
My kids love No Bake Cookies and I think that this recipe is so similar and that’s why we love them so much. Especially if you use milk chocolate instead of white, it tastes just like those cookies.
With only 25 minutes until these bars are ready to chill, they are an easy dessert or snack. Perfect for camping too – these oatmeal bars will become a hit regardless of where you eat them.
A few tips on making these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars.
- Double-check your oats if you are making this gluten-free that your oats are GF. Not all oat brands guarantee this! Be sure to read the label.
- You can use either crunchy or creamy peanut butter. We prefer creamy as it tends to melt better with the chocolate and sometimes kids freak out at the peanut chunks.
- Do not over bake these bars! You will be unsure that they are ready, trust me do not bake longer than the time listed. They will turn out just fine.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature, this will allow everything to combine easily. You do not want chunks of butter, as it may cause part of the bars to be more crispy.
- I prefer to use Toll House or Ghirardelli chocolate chips, Kroger & Safeway brands work just as well. Cheap chocolate chips are too waxy and may not melt as they should, ruining the recipes.
How do you make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars?
To make the oatmeal bars, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a 9×13 metal pan with parchment paper or grease pan with cooking spray.
Mix all the ingredients and press into pan.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the peanut butter topping, melt chocolate and peanut butter in a glass bowl in the microwave for one minute.
Remove and quickly stir, return to microwave and heat for another 30 seconds then stir again.
Repeat until chocolate and peanut butter are well combined and melted.
Spread on bars immediately after they get out of the oven.
Chill in the refrigerator.
Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
I can’t wait for you to try these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. I am sure your family will love them just as much as mine. Enjoy friends! XOXO San
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3 cups instant oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
Peanut Butter Topping
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 metal pan with parchment paper or grease pan with cooking spray.*I prefer the parchment paper as it allows for easy removal.
- Mix all the ingredients and press into pan.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Peanut Butter Topping
- In a medium glass bowl melt chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave for one minute. Remove and quickly stir, return to microwave and heat for another 30 seconds then stir again.
- Repeat until chocolate and peanut butter are well combined and melted. Spread on bars immediately after they get out of the oven. Chill in the refrigerator. Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.