Chocolate and peanut butter is by far my favorite food combination.
So when I made my Gluten-Free Peanut Butter cookies, I instantly knew that I would be adding chocolate the next time I made them. With a few simple adjustments, I now have a new favorite chocolate cookie and I still can’t believe it’s gluten-free. You are going to love these, try them and share with a friend.
Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup Adams All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar divided
- 3 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa I used Hershey’s
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all peanut butter, brown sugar, ¼ cup white sugar, eggs (beaten), baking powder, cocoa and vanilla until well blended. It will look creamy, smooth and glossy. You should not be able to see any egg throughout the batter.
- Using a cookie dough scooper, scoop the dough and then roll it in the ¼ cup of sugar until coated. Place dough on the cookie, you may use a fork at this time to make the traditional hatch pattern on top of the cookie. Bake 11-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- (These cookies didn’t seem done to me at first when I first pulled them out of the oven but as they cooled they were perfect.)
Kids Review: There isn’t a single person in our home that doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter so naturally, I knew they would like these. These are Cannon’s (3 years) favorite! Not a big cookie fan, unless it is topped with icing. He kept sneaking back into the kitchen for more. After his third cookie, we told him no more. Tears and a tantrum soon followed.