This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is super quick and delicious. With tender chicken and creamy flavors, it’s a go-to for busy days.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili has the perfect blend of spices and is loaded with chicken, white beans, green chiles, and corn. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and something I love to serve on game days or get-togethers.
My Favorite Kitchen Tools To Make This Recipe
From trusty pots and pans to handy gadgets, I’ve curated a list of products I use and love.
White chicken chili is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in ways more than just a nice bowl of chili. We love to serve over a nice plate of nachos or as a burrito bowl with rice and all your favorite garnishes.
No matter how you serve it, don’t forget to add a touch of freshness and flavor and garnish it with your favorite toppings.
White Chicken Chili Toppings
Forget slow cookers and stovetop simmering – this Instant Pot white chicken chili is a game-changer! Elevate your chili game with this quick, delicious recipe your family will love.
No need for slow cookers or stovetop simmering!
The Instant Pot makes this white chicken chili a quick and easy meal for any busy day. Plus, it’s packed with protein and fiber from the lean chicken and white beans, making it a nutritious choice.
To make this white chicken chili, you’ll need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- White pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Chicken broth
- Canned green chiles
- Green chile salsa
- Frozen corn
- Canned white beans: I use Great Northern, but you can also use pinto or kidney beans.
- Sour cream
- Chicken bullion
How to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
To make a delicious chicken dish in the Instant Pot, add chicken breast, chicken broth, beans, spices, green chiles, green chile salsa, and frozen corn. Close the lid, set the pressure valve, select Manual/Pressure Cook High, and set it for 10 minutes.
After cooking, just let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release. Open the lid once the pin drops.
While the Instant Pot naturally releases, prepare a white sauce in a small saucepan. Melt butter over medium-high heat, whisk in flour until bubbly, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk and chicken base for a creamy and flavorful sauce.
Allow the sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes while constantly whisking. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened—season with salt and pepper to taste.
Once finished, let it release naturally for 10 minutes. Then quick release until all the steam is gone. Remove and shred the chicken.
Put the chicken back in the Instant Pot, pour the white sauce and sour cream, and stir it well. Add more salt and pepper if you want.
Scoop the delicious soup into bowls and add your favorite toppings to make it even more delightful!
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Pin To Your Favorite Pinterest Board!
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 7 ounces can chopped green chiles
- 2/3 cup green chile salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 15.5 ounce cans white beans I used Great Northern
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Add the chicken breast to the instant pot, followed by chicken broth, beans, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, white pepper, green chiles, green chile salsa, and frozen corn.
- Close the lid and set the pressure valve to the sealing position. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and set it for 10 minutes.
- After cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes followed by a quick release. Open the lid after the pin drops.
- While the Instant Pot is naturally releasing. Make your white sauce.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Once completely melted whisk in flour and continually stir until mixture is bubbly and cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and chicken base.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes while constantly whisking. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once done, naturally release for 10 minutes. Then quick release until there is no steam left. Remove the chicken and shred.
- Place chicken back in the Instant Pot, pour in the white sauce and sour cream and stir to combine. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with your favorite toppings.