This Chex Mix recipe is a crowd-pleaser! It’s made with various Chex cereals, pretzel nibblers, Bugles, corn nuts, and a savory, tasty sauce. Bake it all to perfection and enjoy!
Whip up the ultimate Chex Mix recipe and be the star of your next get-together with this crowd-pleasing party snack!
Chex Mix is the ultimate snack – it’s super crunchy, salty, and satisfying. It’s perfect for snacking in the afternoon, before dinner, game day, or holiday party, and you can customize it with your favorite crackers, toasted nuts, and crunchy cereals.
Oven-baked Chex mix is seriously the best version of this classic snack. Mix ingredients in super flavorful melted butter, bake until crispy and perfectly toasted, and get the most irresistible Chex mix ever.
My Favorite Kitchen Tools To Make This Recipe
From trusty pots and pans to handy gadgets, I’ve curated a list of products I use and love.
Add some sweet and savory elements to make your Chex mix even more exciting. Mix in some dry ranch dressing or a sprinkle of smoked paprika for extra flavor. Add chocolate chips, dried fruit, or M&M’s to satisfy your sweet tooth.
But let’s not forget the star of the show – the Chex cereal! With its iconic crunchy texture and ability to hold onto all the delicious flavors, Chex cereal is a must-have ingredient for any homemade Chex Mix recipe. Plus, it comes in various flavors like original, honey nut, and chocolate that you can mix and match for endless possibilities.
Looking for some inspiration to take your Chex Mix game to the next level? Here are a few ideas:
Chex Mix is traditionally baked in the oven, and you can also make it in the microwave for a quick and easy snack. Just toss all the ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl, heat for a few minutes, and your Chex Mix is ready to enjoy!
So whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a tasty snack, Chex Mix is always a hit. Get creative with your mix-ins and enjoy this classic snack.
Ingredients for Chex mix recipe
- Corn Chex Cereal
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Wheat Chex Cereal
- Pretzel Nibblers or small pretzels
- Corn Nuts
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Why You Should Bake Your Chex Mix Recipe
Baking Chex mix in the oven takes it to the next level – it becomes beautifully golden and irresistibly crunchy, and the aromatic spices come alive! The heat transforms the ingredients, enhancing their flavors and creating a delightful contrast between the toasty exterior and savory goodness. It’s like the difference between raw and toasted nuts, offering a heightened depth and richness. Trust me, once you experience the joy of indulging in homemade, oven-baked Chex mix, you’ll never look back! Toasted is always the way to go for an elevated snacking experience.
More Snack recipes
Pin This To Your Favorite Pinterest Board For Later.
Chex Mix Recipe
- 3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Pretzel Nibblers or small pretzels
- 2 cups Bugles
- 1 cup Corn Nuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Add the Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, Pretzels, Bugles, and Corn nuts to a large baking sheet – and mix together.
- In a small microwavable bowl, add butter and Worcestershire Sauce. Heat for 30 seconds and stir; repeat the process until the butter has completely melted.
- Add seasoning salt, garlic, and onion powder to the melted butter and whisk together. Pour over the mixture and stir to combine.
- To make this less messy, add all the "chip" ingredients to a large mixing bowl and pour melted butter mixture over it and stir to combine. Pour on baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to allowing the mixture to evenly bake. Once baked, pour mixture off pan to pan paper towels, until completely cooled; serve immediately or store in an airtight container up to two weeks.