Cinnamon Dulce Rice Krispies Treats are made with gooey, creamy dulce de leche and caramel, making this a decadent Rice Krispies treat.
These cereal treats are a serious step-up from the classic with dulce de leche, ooey-gooey marshmallows, and a hint of cinnamon spice. The best part is that they’re just as easy to make – ready in about 15 minutes!
Anyone who knows me, even just a little, knows how much I love Starbucks. Even though I am not a coffee drinker, I love everything else, especially their sprinkles. What? They have sprinkles? Yes, pumpkin spice, chocolate, and my favorite, cinnamon dulce. The latter is what inspired my new favorite treat.
My sister and I were out shopping for the day and of course, it started out with a Starbucks run. Later, we had lunch at Noodles & Company, the place where we got the biggest Rice Krispie treat known to man. I ate most of it, and it made me realize how much I missed making them. I became determined to make them this week, but I wanted it to have something more than just the gooey marshmallow.
As I sat thinking about how I would give it extra panache, I was drinking a hazelnut soy steamer with cinnamon dulce sprinkles from Starbucks. That’s when it hit me like a foodie truck: Cinnamon Dulce Rice Krispie Treats!
Easy Dulce de Leche Rice Krispie Treats
- With a few extra ingredients, you can take a plain rice krispie treat and give it a makeover. The dulce de leche pairs perfectly with the marshmallows!
- Kids and adults alike will LOVE these treats. They have the familiar feeling of the classic but with an updated cinnamon twist.
- They’re perfect for a last-minute dessert because they take all of 15 minutes to make. They are really so easy to make.
If you’re ready for a spin on a childhood favorite, these gourmet rice krispie treats are the recipe to try. You will love them, I’m sure!
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Dulce de leche
- Salted butter
- Cinnamon sugar
- Melted white chocolate for drizzling
In a large mixing bowl, pour in the Rice Krispies cereal and sprinkle the cinnamon over the cereal. Toss and few times to get the cinnamon through the cereal.
Melt the butter in a large pan. Stir in the mini marshmallows until they’re totally melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the half can of dulce de leche.
Pour the dulce marshmallow mixture over the cereal, folding gently the whole time until all combined. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while warm if desired. Let cool before drizzling the white chocolate over the top.
The best tip for making these treats is to work fast. Once you add the melted marshmallow and dulce de leche mixture to the cereal, fold it in quickly. As it cools it will be more difficult to work with.
Keep them tightly wrapped and they’ll keep for up to two days at room temperature.
So I bring this treat to you, a Cinnamon Dulce Rice Krispie Treat, A Dash of Sanity original inspired from my daily cup of love. Enjoy! XOXO San
More Treats to Try
Looking for other Rice Krispies treat recipes? Check these out:
- White Chocolate Rice Krispies Pops
- Valentine’s Rice Krispies Treats
- White Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Rice Krispie Treats
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Cinnamon Dulce Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 can dulce de leche half of a 14 oz can
- 8 ounces mini-marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
- white melting chocolate for drizzling
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the Rice Krispies cereal and sprinkle the cinnamon over the cereal. Toss and few times to get the cinnamon through the cereal.
- Grease an 8"x8" metal pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Stir in the mini marshmallows until they're totally melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the half can of dulce de leche.
- Pour the dulce marshmallow mixture over the cereal, folding gently the whole time until all combined. Press into the buttered pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while warm. Let cool before cutting and drizzling with melted white chocolate if desired. Enjoy!