This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
This easy fudge recipe is a must-make for the holiday season. It’s made with three kinds of chocolate, walnuts, and has the best creamy texture.
If there’s one special treat we have to make every holiday season it’s this chocolate walnut fudge. It’s such an easy recipe and I love make batches of it to share with family and friends. Of course, we always have some stashed away for us and the kids. It just doesn’t feel like Christmas without it!
Easy Homemade Fudge
- It’s made with three types of chocolate, and you might think that doesn’t make a difference, but it does. Combining milk chocolate with dark chocolate gives them a depth of flavor. The bittersweet with creamy milk chocolate is an amazing combination.
- You only need a few simple ingredients to make it! The prep time is about 15 minutes – it’s so quick and easy.
- This is a really easy fudge recipe with condensed milk. All you need is a microwave to melt everything together and a baking dish for it to set up. Also, you don’t need a candy thermometer! It’s fool-proof and turns out every time.
- I just love the bites of chopped walnuts in it, but this is optional. You can swap them for pecans or omit them if you prefer.
- Chocolate fudge with walnuts keeps well for weeks at room temperature making it perfect for the holiday season. You can make a big batch and enjoy it all month long.
This year I’ll be loading up on the fudge ingredients because I plan to give it as gifts to friends and neighbors. A special holiday treat bag is an easy sweet gift that’s perfect for sharing.
- Signature SELECT Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Signature SELECT Milk chocolate chips
- Signature SELECT Dark chocolate chips
- Signature SELECT Sweetened condensed milk
- Lucerne Butter Salted Sweet Cream
- Signature SELECT Vanilla extract
- Signature Farms Chopped walnuts
How to Make It
Spray a 9×13” baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. This will make it easy to remove it from the pan in one piece before you slice it.
Place all of the chocolate, condensed milk, and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat it in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir it and warm it again for 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat this process three to four more times (30-second increments) until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Add the vanilla extract and walnuts and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
Place a piece of parchment paper on the surface of the fudge and place another 9×13” pan on top. Press down on it – this will push the walnuts into the fudge so they are throughout it and not just on top. It will also compress the fudge so it’s uniform and even.
Chill it for at least two hours. Once it’s set, lift it out of the pan with the parchment and slice it into pieces.
How to Store It
I love making fudge because it keeps really well! Once you’ve sliced it, store the pieces in an airtight container. Separate the layers with wax paper to keep the pieces from sticking to each other.
It will keep well for several weeks at room temperature.
Don’t forget to add the ingredients for this walnut fudge to your holiday shopping list! I use the app to order everything at Safeway and then use their Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ services to make shopping easy. It’s so convenient!
Earn 6x the Points in December at Safeway!
Just in time for the holidays, you can earn up to 6X Points for each transaction when you clip the Holiday Rewards just for U® coupon! The offer is good through December 25, 2020 so don’t miss out!
- Earn 2x when you spend $75-$99.99
- Earn 4x when you spend $100-$149.99
- Earn 6x: when you spend $150 or more
You can find everything you need for the holidays at the Alberston’s Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market and Tom Thumb.
I hope you make the holiday season extra sweet this year with a batch of homemade fudge! We make it every year and hope you love it as much as we do. Enjoy! San
More Amazing Holiday Recipes
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Easy Red Velvet Fudge
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Trifle
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies
- Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Dippers
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- 1 (12-oz) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12-oz) bags dark chocolate chips
- 1 (12-oz) bags milk chocolate chips
- 2 (14-oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- Prepare a 9×13-inch pan by spraying it with cooking spray and lining with parchment paper.
- In a large-sized glass bowl(microwave-safe) add chocolate, condensed milk, and butter, stir together and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Stir then heat for another 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Repeat if needed until there are no more chunks of chocolate left, about 3-4 times. If there are small chunks of butter they should melt into the chocolate as you stir.
- Add the vanilla extract and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9×13 pan and spread until even and smooth. Place a piece of parchment over the fudge and using another 9×13 pan press on top of the parchment paper to really press the walnuts into the fudge to give it an even, uniform look.
- Chill the fudge for at least two hours. Once it's set, remove it from the pan and slice it into pieces. Store them in an airtight container (with the layers separated with wax paper), and it will keep for several weeks at room temperature.