White Chocolate Caramel Snickerdoodles – Classic soft & chewy Snickerdoodle cookie dipped in white chocolate caramel sauce with a dash of salt. You won’t be able to just eat one.
I love my Best Ever Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe, I mean who doesn’t love a soft & buttery cookie rolled in cinnamon and sugar? Take that cookie and top it with a white chocolate caramel sauce and finished with a dash of coarse sea salt, literally, Snickerdoodle cookies have never tasted so good.
We are Snickerdoodle cookie obsessed here in our home. My son Aiden loves them. It is his favorite cookie.
I love how soft Snickerdoodle cookies are. Then the touch of cinnamon just makes it for me, it is sort of like a churro in cookie form. I made this White Chocolate Caramel Sauce for an ice cream treat and was inspired to dip these cookies in it and well, I fell in love, hard.
The white chocolate caramel sauce could literally be poured over any sort of dessert cake, cookies, ice cream, and pie. You name it, it will make everything taste even more delicious.
The caramel sauce isn’t hard to make at all. My friend Kim’s son, who is Madden’s age (12), made it with no issue. In fact, he made the sauce for these cookies (pictured). I love that even kids can make this recipe.
My favorite part of the whole process of making these is sampling the dough and sauce along the way.
We have made a variety of Snickerdoodle Cookies in our home including the Best Ever Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe, Carrot Cake Snickerdoodles, Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles, and Reese’s Stuffed Snickerdoodles. And while it would be hard to pick a winner of the best one – the combination of the cinnamon, caramel, and salt – makes these White Chocolate Caramel Snickerdoodles a clear winner.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for WHITE CHOCOLATE CARAMEL SNICKERDOODLES to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
White Chocolate Caramel Snickerdoodles
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt for topping
White Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 cup white chocolate melting candies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl or a stand mixer.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Spoon dough with a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop and roll into a ball.
- Roll ball in the sugar and cinnamon mixture, then place each cookie 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from baking sheets immediately and place on cooling rack. While cooling, make the caramel sauce.
White Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- Add all ingredients except for the white chocolate in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes while constantly whisking, until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and whisk in white chocolate until completely combined. Let the sauce cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread caramel on top of each cookie. This is easiest to do while the sauce is still slightly warm, but not hot.
- Once all of the cookies are topped with caramel, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on each cookie.
- Serve immediately or let the caramel set before stacking or storing cookies. Enjoy!