This Enchilada Bake combines steak, cheese, and a creamy filling for a hearty dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes.
This Steak Enchilada Bake is cheesy, creamy, and insanely delicious with tender steak in every bite. I just love all the textures and flavors – the combination of the crunchy Frito crust, creamy sour cream sauce, tender beef, and fresh garnishes are a winner every time!
I love to make enchilada casseroles – it’s so easy to switch them up with different proteins! This steak enchilada bake is a twist on my chicken enchilada casserole and I’m honestly struggling to decide which one is my favorite. They’re both so, so good.
The steak definitely elevates it and it pairs perfectly with the chili-spiced sour cream filling and all of the melted cheese. Of course, there are plenty of crunchy Fritos – it’s always my kids favorite part!
It’s a family-friendly meal and perfect for weeknights. You can have it on the dinner table in 30 minutes! It’s also a great make-ahead dinner – prep it in the morning, leave it in the fridge, and then pop it in the oven before dinner. So easy and so delicious.
- Olive oil
- Cubed steak – any steak you like will work!
- Salt and pepper
- Red enchilada sauce
- Sour cream
- Cream of chicken
- Chili powder
- Fritos corn chips
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped lettuce and tomatoes for serving
How to Make Enchilada Bake with Steak
In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the cubed steak and season it with salt and pepper. Cook until the steak pieces are slightly seared and cooked to your preference.
In a medium bowl mix the enchilada sauce, sour cream, cream of chicken, cumin, chili powder, Mexican blend cheese, and cheddar cheese.
Add the cooked steak and stir until well combined.
Place the corn chips in a 9×13″ baking dish.
Spread the filling over the top of the chips.
Sprinkle more shredded cheese over the top of the filling.
Bake the steak casserole uncovered at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until warm and bubbly and cheese is melted on top.
This steak enchilada bake is delicious served right from the baking pan, but I love to add some garnishes just like regular enchiladas.
- Try some diced avocado or a scoop of guacamole.
- Add a spoonful of sour cream.
- Chopped tomatoes are so delicious.
- Some crispy shredded or chopped lettuce as a wonderful cool, crunchy texture.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, it’s the perfect meal to prep ahead for dinner or to share with a family who might need a hot meal.
Assemble the enchilada bake as instructed and then cover it with foil. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to a day. When you’re ready to bake it, uncover it and bake it at 350°F until it’s hot and bubbly.
How long do leftovers keep?
Store them in an airtight container and they will keep in the refrigerator for up to three or four days. Reheat them in the microwave for an easy lunch or dinner.
If your family is craving Mexican food and you want something easy to satisfy that craving, look no further than this easy steak enchilada bake. It’s a quick meal that’s hearty and filling – Enjoy! XOXO San
More Family-Favorite Dinner Ideas
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Easy Steak Enchilada Bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds steak of your choice cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 10.25 ounces Fritos chips about 6 cups
- 1 3/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 head of lettuce chopped, for topping
- 1 roma tomato chopped, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet heat olive oil on high heat. Add cubed steak, season with salt and pepper. Cook until pieces are slightly seared and cooked to your preference.
- In a medium bowl mix together enchilada sauce, sour cream, cream of chicken, cumin, chili powder, 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, and steak. Stir together until well combined.
- In a 9×13" pan, pour Frito chips in the bottom, add steak mixture on top of the chips, and then sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until warm and bubbly and cheese is melted on top.