A Game Night Gift Basket is a fun gift to give. It’s easy to personalize for all ages, and likes and dislikes. The only real requirement is to make it fun, and of course, include something salty and sweet.
This is a great gift to give other families, newlyweds or college-aged kids. What I love so much about this gift is that it brings people together and allows people to connect, have fun and enjoy each other. It’s the gift that can keep on giving all year long.
This post is sponsored by Conagra, all opinions are my own.
When I started thinking of making up these fun Game Night Gift Baskets and Stockings, I thought about all our family and friends that we could give them too.
I started to think of the traditional games I grew up with like Old Maid, I Spy, and Crazy 8. Then I thought of a few games my kids love to play like chess and Tumble Tower. Coming up with ideas was easy for me, but executing something cute was hard. I wish I were more creative this way, but luckily for me, I have friends that are.
I told my friend Julie about the idea, and she went into full Christmas Elf mode. I just love how she assembled everything. From the arrangement of the stocking, the printable gift tags, (included below) and of course, tying this all together with some of our favorite treats.
What to include in a Game Night Gift Basket.
- Age-appropriate games. Make sure to include some for the kids, adults, and games every age can play.
- Add in prizes! This is fun and can range from anything from a pack of gum to a gift card, holiday mug or stuffed Santa.
- Salty treats! We love salty treats for game nights, so I have included a few of our family’s favorite salty treats:
- Slim Jim Original Smoked Snack Sticks – What is great about these is you can grab this in a 26-count, which makes it fantastic to divide among a few stockings or baskets. Or if it is for a large group or family, leave all 26 sticks in there, so they have an easy grab-and-go snack.
- Slim Jim Mild Smoked Snack Sticks – These are great because they are also individually wrapped, so you can snack as you play games.
- Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn – My kids love popcorn, and it wouldn’t be a game night without it.
- DAVID Sunflower Seeds
- Jiffy Pop
- Slim Jim Monster – These meat snacks are made with beef, pork and chicken-like all Slim Jim products. We love these because they keep you fueled and ready to play. I love Slim Jim Snack Sticks on our camping trips and summer vacations.
- Sweet treats. You can’t forget these. We love a variety. You could just do you plain ol’ chocolate, or check out a few of these:
- Crunch ’n Munch – A classic and a great twist of salty and sweet – more on the sweet side for me though.
- Snack Packs – My kids love these, and they are a special treat in our home and a great sweet treat for game night.
- Boom Chicka Pop – My kids love buttery popcorn whereas I love more Kettle Corn and sweet popcorn. Luckily, Boom Chicka Pop has us covered.
Overall, this gift was easy to assemble, and I loved that I literally ordered everything on-line from Walmart Online Grocery Pick-up, meaning less hassle, no waiting in line at the store and not worrying or stressing over the crowds. And what’s fantastic is Walmart has such a great variety; it makes my shopping easy.
I think so many of us focus on large items that we forget that simple ideas, like a family game night basket or stocking, are just as fun and create wonderful memories. Not only that, but you can use some of these game gift basket ideas as stocking stuffers. From the card games to Slim Jim Snack Sticks, these are all items you can fit in the stocking together.
With teenage boys, you can guarantee that an assortment of Slim Jim Snack Sticks will make their way into our stockings on Christmas Eve. I am sure Santa will enjoy a few as well on his busy night because it will give him the pick-me-up he’ll need without the sugar-filled crash later – or at least balance it out, lol.
So whether you are giving this Game Night Gift Basket to friends or family for Christmas or simply stuffing stockings with some of our family game night treats, you can use this fun printable tag for all. Santa may even just get the idea – “wink, wink” – that your family needs this Family Game Night Basket. Then he can use the printable so no one will be suspicious of “mom or dad” handwriting.
PDF Printable Happy Holidays Gift Tags.
Happy Holidays friends. I hope this idea not only gives you some great stocking stuffer ideas but also a fun gift for those dear to you.
Be sure to come back and share what gift baskets you put together; I love seeing how it turns out for other people.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite holiday Pinterest board for later.
Game Night Gift Basket
- 4 small games like card games or dice
- 1 board game
- 1 Stocking
- 1 printable tag use the one above
- 1 gift basket
- 2 Slim Jim Original Smoked Snack Sticks
- 2 Slim Jim Mild Smoked Snack Sticks
- 1 DAVID Sunflower Seeds
- 4 Slim Jim Monster
- 1-2 Jiffy Pop popcorn
- 2-3 Snack Packs We love the chocolate flavor!
- 1 Crunch n' Munch
- 1 stuffed Santa or animal
- 2-4 holiday mugs or cups
- Fillers Other candies, ornaments or holiday decor.
- Gather all of your items for your Game Night Gift Basket & assemble as you like. I always try and fit 4-5 of the small items in the stocking along with some of the snacks, then add the larger games to the basket and fill in empty spots with the smaller leftover snack items and games.