One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is a simple, easy, and delicious 30-minute meal the entire family will love. A perfect busy weeknight dinner.
With a family of cheese-lovers, alfredo is one of our favorite pasta dishes. This Easy Shrimp Alfredo is perfect for those looking for a twist. For a quick and simple recipe, try my Easy Fettuccine Alfredo.
It was a pleasure working with General Mills on this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
I know that my house isn’t the only one that struggles with dinner time, especially during the fall season when 4 out of 5 of our kids are in sports. Then we have school, work, and everyday madness to keep up with too.
So, I’m always on the lookout for easy and quick 30-minute meals for my family to devour. Let’s be honest, it isn’t as easy as it sounds.
This dish answers all of my requirements. Delicious – check. Cheesy – check. Veggies – check. Ready to serve in 30-minutes – check. Protein – check. Kids love it – check plus. Hubby loves it – huge check.
I love that the ease of this recipe is simplifying two ingredients. I used a rotisserie chicken and for the broccoli, I used the frozen Cascadian Farms Broccoli Florets. This shortened the cooking time of the recipe without taking away from the flavor. In addition, using the frozen Cascadian Farms Broccoli Florets allowed the sauce to have the right consistency.
Dinner isn’t the only thing we struggle with; snack time can be hard too, right?! Something easy to grab that meets my expectations and powers my kiddos through their activities isn’t always as easy as it seems.
We have a few favorites that the kids and I love, and I especially love that I can get them at our local Sprouts Market – I love shopping there. Great products and a beautiful store layout makes it easy for me to shop, which is a huge time saver. What mom doesn’t need that? I love that their slogan fits their brand: “It’s Healthy Living for Less”. It’s so true.
This makes it easy to keep my family happy, fed and energized with food that they love. And this mom is happy because this recipe for One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is simply delicious. Stock up on ingredients and pantry essentials with your family in mind.
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe with your family. I love sharing things that bring a “dash of sanity” into my life: delicious recipes and smart shopping tips.
Enjoy! XOXO San
How do you make One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo?
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cool water, strain and set aside.
- Using the same pot you used for the pasta add chicken broth, half and half, granulated garlic, basil, salt, and Italian seasoning. Cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the package Cascadian Farm Broccoli Cuts. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, Parmesan cheese, and cream cheese – stir to combine and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mozzarella cheese and stir into the sauce until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the noodles.
- Serve and garnish with more Parmesan cheese and parsley if you desire. Enjoy!
Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- 16 ounces large pasta shells
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 1/3 cups parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3/4 cup romano cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked chicken I use a rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minutes, stirring so it doesn't burn.
- Add flour and whisk to combine. Cook for 1 minute, allowing to thicken and turn a light golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth and the milk until it is combined and smooth. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in parmesan and romano cheeses until melted and smooth, then season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add pasta, chicken, broccoli, and mozzarella to the sauce and stir until the cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
- Serve topped with parmesan and chopped parsley if desired. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Full Disclosure for further detail