These Poblano Sliders are delicious poblano pepper, sausage, and beef patties topped with homemade lime-marinated onions and creamy avocado sauce.
I think this was the first recipe I tried from Pinterest, and it is still one of my favorites and hit for any party I make them for! These cakes are pleasing to the eye and you can interchange the ingredients in the black bean salsa to make it spicier or change the overall flavor; try mango!
Enjoy! XOXO San
What to serve with sliders
Sliders, with their irresistible charm and mouthwatering fillings, are simply best enjoyed with a sidekick of complementary delights – sauces, sides, and refreshing beverages. Whether it’s mini beef patties, succulent chicken, or innovative veggie creations, the real magic lies in selecting accompaniments that elevate the essence of these sliders.
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Rosemary Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Southwest Salad
- Mexican Corn Salad
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
- 3/4 pound sausage
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 poblano peppers
- garlic powder
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small red onion
- 2 limes
- 12 potato slider buns
- Roast the poblanos on low, rotate until are sides are roasted and have some charring. Remove from the oven and place in a glass bowl and cover. Let it sit for 15 minutes, remove from bowl and peel away the skin.
- Place poblanos in a food processor and run until smooth.
- Mix together the sausage, hamburger, peppers, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Shape into sliders to the size you want, I like to use a Mason jar lid, about 3 inches wide.
Lime Marinated Onions
- Slice onions thinly, place in bowl and season with salt and pepper. Juice 2 limes and mix together, let it sit for 30 minutes or more. I like to make these in the morning and let them sit all day in the refrigerator.
- Mix together sour cream and avocados until well blended.
- Slice potato rolls, place meat on the bottom bun top with avocado cream then lime marinated onions and top bum. Sometimes it is cute to stick a toothpick through the center of these, it gives them more the appetizer look.
My review: My favorite part of this meal is the lime-marinated onions! This, with the poblano peppers, makes it a hit. The avocado cream ties it together to make this the perfect slider or burger. I like to make them into sliders, but we have been known to cause these LARGE, as we can’t get enough of them.
Kids review: Eat these up every time. I will note that not all the kids are down for the onions and avocado cream, so I let them assemble themselves, with ketchup available for dipping.
Husband’s Comments: His words exactly, “This rivals Five Guys.” Enough said.