Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake is just as delicious as it sounds. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, and zucchini. This is the best way to eat zucchini.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Chocolate Cake. It’s a mouthful to say and the absolute best way to use up zucchini. The grated zucchini just melts into the cake giving it an incredibly moist and tender crumb. And the chocolate… well I’ve tripled it because who can resist? I can’t and all the chocolate fans in your life won’t be able to, either.
Family recipes are the best, right?! And this chocolate bundt cake recipe came from my Aunt Patty, who I am sure got it from my grandma. It is my favorite way to use up zucchini and I’ve been making it for years.
The cake is the same as it’s always been, and I just added my favorite frosting and chocolate chips because triple the chocolate just seemed the right thing to do. I am sure it will continue to be passed down from generation to generation because it is that delicious.
My entire reasoning ever for planting zucchini in my garden is to make this triple chocolate cake. Back when we sold our house, I was left without a garden, but thank goodness for friends. One of my friends Erin (she blogs over at Dinner, Dishes and Dessert) was so nice to share her garden zucchini with me at the time so I didn’t have to miss out.
That was a while ago now and I’m still making this cake. You don’t need to wait until summer – with zucchini abundantly available year-round, you can make it whenever you need a serious dose of chocolate.
I seriously love zucchini. Whether in bread, pasta, enchiladas, fried, floured, really any way you can prepare it, I love it! But in all honesty, I am a sugar freak, so adding chocolate to one of my favorite vegetables is like a dream come true.
- This cake is all about the chocolate, but the real secret is the zucchini. It adds so much moisture. No dry cake here – just forkfuls of rich chocolaty goodness.
- The tender and moist cake is topped with a simple three-ingredient chocolate glaze that is the perfect canvas for a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips.
- This is a cake to impress – perfect for gifting, for sharing, or for keeping all to yourself.
This Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake is so easy to make, gorgeous and everyone who has ever tried it loves it.
- Baking soda
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Grated or shredded zucchini
- Butter cut into ½ inch squares
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Light corn syrup or honey
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
How do you make Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake?
Grease and flour a bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Blend the sugar, oil, and eggs in a stand mixer or in a bowl with a hand mixer.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa, and cinnamon, and baking powder.
With the mixer running at medium speed, mix in the flour mixture. Then slowly add the milk and zucchini. Mix until well combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake the cake at 325°F for 50 minutes. Allow the cake to cool before glazing.
In a double boiler over medium heat, combine the cubed butter, chocolate chips, and corn syrup. Stir until the mixture is completely melted and well incorporated.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and then sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top.
You can’t continue the summer and fall seasons without trying this beautiful Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake and I know my aunt and grandma would agree. Enjoy! XOXO San
More Zucchini Recipes
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups grated or shredded zucchini
- 6 tablespoons butter cut into ½ inch squares.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease the bundt pan and lightly dust with cocoa powder.
- Blend together sugar, oil avanilla, nd eggs in a mixer until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- With the mixer on medium speed, add the flour mixture.
- Then slowly add milk and zucchini. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In a double boiler over medium heat combine butter, chocolate chips and corn syrup or honey. Stir until completely melted and well incorporated.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!