Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake is just as delicious as it sounds. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, and zucchini. This is the best way to eat zucchini.
Family recipes are the best, right?! And this Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe came from my Aunt Patty, who I am sure got it from my grandma. I just added my favorite frosting and chocolate chips to give it a little update. And I am sure it will continue to be passed down from generation to generation because it is that delicious.
My entire reasoning ever for planting zucchini in my garden is to make this cake. I was sad that we sold our house this summer, so there was no zucchini from my garden for me, but thank goodness for friends. One of my friends Erin, she blogs over at Dinner, Dishes and Dessert planted one too many plants, so I will be getting her extra zucchini. YAY for me!
I seriously love zucchini. Whether in bread, pasta, enchiladas, fried, floured, really any way you can prepare it, I love it! But in all honesty I am a sugar freak, so adding chocolate to one of my favorite vegetables is like a dream come true. This Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake is so easy to make, gorgeous and everyone who has ever tried it loves it.
You can’t continue the summer & fall season without trying this beautiful Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake and I know my aunt and grandma would agree.
Enjoy! XOXO San
How do you make Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake?
Grease and flour bundt pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Blend together sugar, oil, and eggs in a stand mixer or a bowl with a hand mixer.
In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa, and cinnamon and baking powder.
With the mixer on medium mix in the flour mixture.
Then slowly add milk and zucchini. Mix until well combined.
Pour into prepared bundt pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
Glaze – In a double boiler over medium heat combine butter, chocolate chips, and honey. Stir until completely melted and well incorporated. Drizzle over cooled cake. Then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups grated or shredded zucchini
- 6 tablespoons butter cut into ½ inch squares.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease the bundt pan and lightly dust with cocoa powder.
- Blend together sugar, oil avanilla, nd eggs in a mixer until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- With the mixer on medium speed, add the flour mixture.
- Then slowly add milk and zucchini. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In a double boiler over medium heat combine butter, chocolate chips and corn syrup or honey. Stir until completely melted and well incorporated.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!