This Banana Zucchini Cake is incredibly delicious, with irresistible layers of cream cheese frosting and crunchy walnuts. It has become a beloved favorite among our family’s cake collection.
It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors that makes this cake irresistible. The classic banana flavor, mixed with the zucchini’s subtle sweetness, creates a moist texture that will make your mouth water. It’s a delightful treat for any occasion, topped with cream cheese frosting and crunchy walnuts!
Not only does this Banana Zucchini Cake look amazing, it’s also easy to make. All you need is your favorite cake mix, grated zucchini, and a few tablespoons of oil – no baking skills required! Just mix the ingredients, pour into a greased pan, and bake in the oven.
I love cake. And if you weren’t already aware of that fact, well, now you are. This delightful Banana Zucchini Cake is a year-round favorite of mine, satisfying my indulgent cravings. The inclusion of zucchini and bananas in this cake somehow manages to alleviate any guilt I may have when I find myself devouring not just one, but perhaps three heavenly slices.
The hilarious thing about this entire cake situation is that I actually made it for a special occasion. However, when our guest arrived, we ended up going with hot fudge instead. So, I just left this cake in the refrigerator, and let me tell you, my kids and hubby were practically drooling with anticipation. But, being the mean mom that I am, I made them wait a whole two days. Why, you ask? Well, because we had some family coming into town and I didn’t want to have to whip up another dessert. Can you believe it?
INGREDIENTS FOR BANANA ZUCCHINI CAKE
- Canola oil
- Brown sugar
- Ripe bananas
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
I also love zucchini; so I look forward to the fall season when my garden becomes overgrown with zucchini. I pretty much incorporate zucchini into everything.
More zucchini recipes we love.
- Zucchini Brownies
- Best Ever Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Zucchini Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cake
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Banana Zucchini Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup ripe banana smashed
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 4 tablespoons milk optional
- 1 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 9-inch round cake pans by spraying with cooking oil and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for cake in order as listed above, beat on medium-high until well combined.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on baking rack.
- Once cake is completely cool make cream cheese frosting.
- Beat together cream cheese and melted butter until smooth and there are no cream cheese chunks. Add in powder sugar and cream together by beating on medium-high. Add in milk one tablespoon at a time, until you get your desired consistency, if you want to make the frosting a little runnier, like pictured add al 4 tablespoons.
- Cut each round cake in half. Place one layer on a cake plate or the serving plate you will be using. Add ¾ cup frosting and 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, then add another cake layer. Repeat with remaining cake, frosting, and walnuts. After the last cake layer add the remaining frosting and walnuts. I just poured mine in the center and then using a knife gently pushed it from the center out and let it run naturally down the sides of the cake. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Love zucchini? Here are some other ideas to incorporate this fall favorite.