Insanely delicious and fun for summer these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bites are bite-sized ice cream wrapped in chocolate chip cookie dough.
ICE CREAM + COOKIE DOUGH + BITE-SIZED = Bliss.I was inspired to make these treats as my sister and I were sitting in Starbucks recently for our usual Saturday morning meal planning. And we came across these cream cheese stuffed chocolate chip cookie dough bites. And these looked like heaven. I awed over these and told her I loved them. She was like but it is cream cheese and that is when I realized it wasn’t ice cream. Bummer! I thought for sure we would be making them. But that is when I told her, I would figure out how to make these into ice cream bites. And no bake.
So using my recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites for the cookie dough part and then, of course, a classic vanilla ice cream. Voila, I made these little pieces of heaven.
Today friends it is raining Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bites and all is good in the world.
Recently my kids and I have been on a chocolate chip cookie dough kick. If you are cookie dough fans like us be sure to check this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pizza out. Not only does it have a chocolate chip cookie dough crust and then, of course, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream but it is drizzled in the most amazing, the Best Ever Hot Fudge Sauce.
So today, when you want a little snack, sized treat make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bites. Making them is so simple and easy with a cookie scoop. And the best part about these tiny bites is that they freeze well- just freeze them in a freezer container, so just make one batch and just have one a day.
These seem like they might be complicated but really this recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough bites filled with ice cream is easy as one two three.
Step 1: Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites recipe.
Step 2: Press some of the cookie dough into a cookie dough scooper.
Step 3: Add in a tablespoon or so of ice cream. Easy if it is shaped into a little ball.
Step 4: Place cookie dough on the bottom.
And if you are able just to have only one a day, please share your self-control tip down below in the comments, as I would love to know.
How do you make Ice Cream Bites?
Line a serving plate or small baking with parchment paper.
Then using a melon scooper, scoop out 18 pieces of vanilla ice cream.
Set immediately in freezer.
Freeze for 1-hour.
About 15 minutes before the ice cream is done freezing, prepare Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe.
Using a cookie dough scooper, fill with it 1/2 with cookie dough
Press one ice cream piece in the center of the dough.
Fill the remaining of the cookie dough scooper with cookie dough.
And press into the make sure it is compacted.
Repeat with remaining dough and ice cream nibbles.
Freeze for 1-2 hours, or until completely set.
If you aren’t eating after that first hour, place them in a Ziploc bag and place back in the freezer until you are ready to devour you don’t want them getting freezer burned.
Looking for some other ice cream bite ideas? Check out some of my favorites: Milky Way Bites, Two-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites, Two-Bite Samoas Ice Cream Sandwiches
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bites
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Line a serving plate or small baking with parchment paper. Then using a melon scooper, scoop out 18 pieces of vanilla ice cream. You will have a little more than a teaspoon sized ice cream ball.
- Set them on top of prepared parchment paper. Set immediately in freezer.
- Freeze for 1-hour.
- About 15 minutes before the ice cream is done freezing, prepare Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe.
- Please click HERE for the directions.
- Following the step by step pictures and descriptions below, prepare Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bites.
- Using an cookie dough scooper, fill with it 1/2 with cookie dough.
- Press cookie dough into the scooper.
- Add in one ice cream piece, that you froze earlier into the center of the pressed in dough.
- Fill the remaining of the cookie dough scooper with cookie dough. And press into the make sure it is compacted. Set back on parchment paper and immediately repeat with remaining dough and ice cream nibbles.
- Make sure to do this quickly as the ice cream will melt. If you aren't moving fast, then leave ice cream pieces in the freezer and grab one as needed and set the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bites immediately back onto the parchment paper in the freezer.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours, or until completely set.
- If you aren't eating after that first hour, place them in a Ziploc bag and place back in the freeze until you are ready to devour you don't want them getting freezer burned.