Pumpkin Nutella Bread takes pumpkin, chocolate, and hazelnut to a new level. Not only is it a beauty to look at, but it’s also moist and full of fall flavors.
There are swirls of Nutella in every bite of this moist and tender pumpkin bread. Pumpkin Nutella bread is decadent and sweet – the perfect slice to go with breakfast or alongside an afternoon cup of coffee or tea.
Fall is honestly my favorite time of year! Wait have I already told you that??? Probably, but I just love this season so much.
I love football games, baking in my sweats, wearing jeans and a sweatshirt for three months straight, crockpot recipes, Starbucks holiday cups (my absolute favorite thing about fall), the crisp chill air, and the Colorado sunshine. The added bonus is the Thanksgiving feast.
Throw in Black Friday, my favorite day to shop, and there you have it all the reasons why fall is my favorite season. Oh, and this pumpkin Nutella bread! If you’re looking for the best fall pumpkin recipe, you have to try it.
My ideal Saturday or Sunday is wearing my comfiest sweats, pulling out the baking pans, and filling my kitchen with the scent of this amazing Nutella-swirl pumpkin bread. Every slice is perfection. You’re going to love it!
Swirls of Nutella combined with spiced pumpkin are the best combination. It’s my second favorite way to use a jar of the creamy chocolate hazelnut spread – the first is enjoying a spoonful directly from the container!
Chocolate hazelnut spreads are my absolute favorite thing to eat. I am addicted. Add in pumpkin and more chocolate, I might as well just ascend up into the heavens because literally, that combination is glorious.
When I made the Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Bread from Martha Stewart, I just loved it. It just looks divine but I thought it needed to be a bit moister, so then came to the idea of adding in Nutella. Oh holy, moly it is AMAZING.
I make loaves of this every fall to give away to neighbors, friends, and family. It stays so moist and delicious for several days and always gets rave reviews! Of course, I make sure to save a few for us, too. My family would revolt if I didn’t.
- Melted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
How do you make Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread?
Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a 9×5″ bread pan with parchment paper.
In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar until well combined. Add the buttermilk, butter, vanilla, and pumpkin. Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, until there are no clumps and the mixture is smooth.
Divide the batter in half in two separate bowls. Stir the Nutella into one of the bowls leaving the other batter plain.
Alternate between the two batters and pour into the prepared bread pan. I start with the plain, add Nutella batter, top with plain again, Nutella batter, then a tablespoon or two of the plain on top.
Use a knife to swirl the batters, don’t over-swirl, you will then combine the batters. Run the knife one time through the pan.
Bake the bread for 60 to 70 minutes. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes before turning it out.
This bread keeps beautifully and is perfect for gifting. Allow it to fully cool and then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. It will keep at room temperature for three to four days.
Or, store it in the refrigerator and it will keep for a few extra days longer. You can also freeze it!
I can’t wait for you all to try this pumpkin Nutella bread, even the non-hazelnut lovers will just melt when they try it. If you are a Nutella fan, well then you are gonna just eat this up! Enjoy! XOXO San
More Pumpkin Bread Recipe Ideas
Here’s a list of 50+ of the Best Pumpkin Recipes, my favorites! Or try some of these ideas:
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread I use Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, I use my KitchenAid mixer, mix together sugar and eggs until well combined.
- Add in buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and pumpkin, stir until all the ingredients are incorporated. Slowly mix in flour mixture, until there are no clumps and mixture is smooth.
- Divide batter in half by placing the second half in a separate bowl. In one of the bowls stir in the 1/2 cup of Nutella and stir until well combined.
- Alternate between the two batters and pour into the prepared bread pan. I start with the plain, add Nutella batter, top with plain again, Nutella batter, then a tablespoon or two of the plain on top. Use a knife to swirl the batters, don’t over swirl, you will then combine the batters. Run the knife one time through the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 60-70 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool for 15-20 minutes.