These Roasted Potatoes are roasted in the oven & baked to perfection, making them the star of the meal or a perfect side dish for the holidays.
This recipe for Roasted Potatoes is incredibly delicious. They’re seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, and dressing using Pure Blends Avocado Oil plant-based butter.
I’m proud to partner with Mirum, bringing you this delicious, yet simple recipe.
Let’s face it, friends, this time of year is a little insane. From the crazy schedules of overlapping fall and winter sports, Nutcracker in full swing and all of the holiday parties and social gatherings, it can be hard to even just sit down and have a meal that isn’t take out. Am I right? Any other families out there in the same boat?
I find that this time of year is not only difficult to squeeze in anything additional but also hard find time to create dishes and fresh meals made with wholesome ingredients. Even more difficult is trying to find plant-based ingredients.
Many of you may not be aware, but our daughter sustained a traumatic brain injury a few years ago, and it has had some residual effects. After many months trying to figure out a few other options besides medicine to help our sweet little one with her headaches and mood swings, we turned to changing a few pieces in her diet at a time. And while it takes time to figure out the different effects of different foods, I will say that we’ve found some success.
Since a few slight changes and moderation in her diet, we have seen a significant difference.
But I will be honest, it’s hard – especially during this busy time of year when we are hustling and tend to lean towards the same kinds of meals. We’ve changed things up for her, and we realized that we can’t single her out, so all 7 of us started making slight changes. Aiden, our oldest, decided for athletic reasons to change his eating habits as well – eliminating sugars, most dairy, and carbs during the evenings. Wow! After a few weeks, he felt amazing, and you could see a difference.
The hard thing when you change your eating habits is finding products that fit your routine and life.
We love avocado and coconut oil, so when we found Pure Blends, a plant-based butter that’s flavored with nature’s finest oils, we had to try it. Pure Blend butter spread fit all of our new lifestyle choices as a family as it’s gluten-free, a fantastic source of Omega 3 ALAs with the avocado oil (the one we used in this recipe), has no artificial flavors or preservatives and it is vegan action certified (so my niece can have it too!).
Typically, when I roast potatoes, I will use a mixture of oil and butter. The Pure Blends Avocado Oil plant-based butter was a perfect match for roasting potatoes, and in fact, I loved the crispy potatoes packed with flavor from the fresh rosemary more! What was fantastic is that no one knew that there was even a changeup in how I dressed the potatoes.
What is great about this Roasted Potatoes recipe is that it is a great time of year to have these at your table, whether for a quick easy weeknight meal served with a nice salad or as a Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish. This recipe was easy to toss together, literally ready in less than an hour – leaving enough time for you to make a salad and finish getting the kids homework done.
The ingredient list is simple too friends, saving you time. And Kroger will save you money. I live just 1/4 mile from my local Kroger; it is such a blessing! I seriously know all the cashiers to the point we occasionally will even buy them Starbucks to make their day a little brighter. So you can say that this was easy for me to pick up at my second favorite place in town, falling just short of my home.
So whether you are slathering up your toast in the morning, making a sandwich for lunch, creating a tasty delicious meal or roasting potatoes, you have got to try Pure Blends Avocado or Coconut Oil plant-based butter. Of course, I love this Roasted Potatoes recipe as a main course with a salad, but serving them as a side during the holiday works well too. And this product can fit all dietary needs/restrictions, and everyone will enjoy this mouthwatering recipe.
It’s super easy to make roasted potatoes. Here are a few helpful tips.
How to roast potatoes.
- Preheat your oven. For this recipe of roasted potatoes, I preheat my oven to 400 degrees F.
- Buy small potatoes and cut them into in same-sized quarters (or halves if very small). This allows for even baking.
- Add your potatoes to a large mixing bowl and add seasoning.
- Pour in the butter or oil. In this recipe, I used Pure Blends Avocado Oil plant-based butter. I melted the spread and then poured it over the potatoes in the mixing bowl.
- Once I added the oil/butter, I tossed the potatoes to evenly coat them and placed them in a bowl with the salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Spread out the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. I prefer not to line my pan with foil, as I love the crunchiness they get on the baking sheet. Sometimes the foil sticks to the potatoes, making me an unhappy cook.
- Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned and crisp.
- I like to toss or flip the potatoes at least twice while baking with a spatula to ensure each side is a nice golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, and serve immediately.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Roasted Potatoes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup Pure Blends Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil Plant-Based butter melted
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.Cut the potatoes in quarters (or halves if very small) and place in a bowl with the melted spread, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Spread out the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure each side is a nice golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, and serve.