Creamy No-Bake Key Lime Pie is the perfect summer dessert. It’s tart, sweet, and so easy to make.
My husband loves his mom’s no-bake key lime pie recipe and every year for Father’s Day he requests it. I always manage to misplace the recipe, so every year I call her to get it and I’m reminded why he loves it: it’s creamy, tart, and the easiest no bake key lime pie ever.
It really is the perfect summer dessert made the old-fashioned way with simple ingredients. I use a store-bought graham cracker crust to make it easy – you can have the whole thing assembled in about 10 minutes!
This year, after making my call to my mother-in-law, I picked up the ingredients at the store. She always recommends a specific bottled key lime juice, Nellie & Joe’s Famous Key Lime Juice, and this year I happened to notice the recipe on back of the bottle.
It was the same recipe my mother-in-law nicely repeats to me over the phone every year – I about died laughing! I had no idea that was the recipe she was using.
And it is the best no bake key lime pie recipe! The lime juice makes a huge difference giving this pie the best tart flavor.
This is an Easy No Bake Pie Recipe
- The filling is simply the best. Creamy and rich with that wonderful key lime flavor.
- This recipe does contain raw eggs which is the classic way to make this no bake pie. You should always use pasteurized raw eggs – they’re safer but there still are risks. If you are worried, you might like to try my key lime bars instead.
- This is the perfect make-ahead dessert because the filling needs to set for at least three to four hours or, ideally overnight.
This is the perfect dessert any time of year but especially during the warmer months when a cool and creamy no-bake pie just hits the spot.
- 9″ graham cracker crust
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Large egg yolks
- Key lime juice
- Lime zest
- Whipped cream and lime slices for garnish
How to Make Key Lime Pie
Whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until smooth.
Add in the sweetened condensed milk.
Add the lime juice.
Add the lime zest and whisk until the filling is smooth.
Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
Cover the pie and chill it for at least three to four hours or overnight.
Once it’s set, slice it and garnish the pieces with whipped cream and sliced limes.
Can you use regular limes?
If you can’t find bottled key lime juice you can use the same amount of fresh squeezed lime juice.
How long does it keep?
The pie will keep for several days in the refrigerator. The filling may turn the crust a little soggy. I like to serve this pie within a day of making it and then enjoying any leftovers for a few days after that. The pie may not be as pretty leftover but it’s still so delicious.
Can you freeze it?
Yes, this pie freezes great! Instead of storing it in the fridge, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and pop it in the freezer. It will keep for up to three months!
Make this no-bake key lime pie and I guarantee there won’t be a bite leftover! It’s so rich and creamy – the perfect summer pie. Enjoy! XOXO San
More No-Bake Desserts
- No-Bake Cookies
- No-Bake German Chocolate Cheesecake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- No Bake Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 9" graham cracker pie shell
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 4 tablespoons lime zest
- whipped cream optional for topping
- sliced limes optional for topping
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together egg yolks until smooth.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, and lime zest; stir until smooth.
- Pour into pie shell and cover. Stick in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Slice pie into 8 slices and top with whipped cream and lime zest or slices.