Whether you’re grilling, baking, frying this All-Purpose Chicken Seasoning made with a variety of spices adds the perfect amount of flavor.
While Carrabba’s Grill Seasoning is my favorite for steak, this is the best for chicken. It is so easy to make, it takes literally 5 minutes. Make a large batch and keep it on hand. Enjoy this All-Purpose Chicken Seasoning from our spice cupboard to yours.
I love seasonings. But I hadn’t found one that was more all-purpose. I grew up on this being very seasoned. My dad has his to-go-to favorite – Lawry’s seasoning salt. The first time my husband went to grill he just threw a whole bunch of seasonings together and I was like “wait, you aren’t using Lawry’s???” He laughed. Now he loves Lawry’s but we like to change it up and since I have such distinct memories of that seasoning, I don’t see it as all-purpose. So while I was on the search for the best all-purpose seasoning I decided to make my own. After some trial and error, this All-Purpose Chicken Seasoning was the winner.
It proved itself this past week for dinner. When I grilled up chicken for our salad, 5 chicken breast for 6 of us (me and the 5 kiddos) and it was devoured. Best chicken ever exclaimed Madden. Wow, that is a big comment coming from my most picky eater.
Can’t wait for you to try our favorite summer grill base. Try it out and let me know how you best like it served. Enjoy! XOXO San
How do you make all purpose seasoning?
Add all of the ingredients to a small glass mason jar (make sure you use one that has a lid).
Twist on lid to the jar and shake to combine.
You may also combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine and use immediately or store in an airtight container.
Store in a dry, cool place like your spice cupboard.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for ALL-PURPOSE CHICKEN SEASONING to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
All-Purpose Chicken Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Kosher salt I used coarse
- 1 tablespoon black ground pepper I used restaurant style
- 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Add all of the ingredients to a small glass mason jar (make sure you use one that has a lid). Twist on lid to the jar and shake to combine.
- You may also combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine and use immediately or store in an airtight container.
- Store in a dry, cool place like your spice cupboard.