This Best Ever Banana Bread comes from my grandma. It is one of those delicious generational recipes that you will instantly add to your recipe box.
Fantastic for breakfast, a snack or brunch. Made with only fresh bananas and a dash of vanilla, this just lets the bananas shine and be the star. Most of us know that usually when there is a “best ever” recipe, it comes from Grandma. This recipe is no exception.
My grandma is a baker (so was my grandpa). Some of my most coveted recipes have come from my Grandma & Grandpa Gillan. This is one of them. I thought I had already posted it but then when a reader asked if I had a banana bread recipe. I couldn’t find it on my blog and realized I hadn’t. Therefore I made it right away, and viola- here you are.
This recipe frequents our home during the holiday season and is often a gift left on our friends’ and neighbors’ doorsteps as a treat. With as little as 10 minutes to prep and 45 minutes to bake, you can have 2-3 fresh loaves of this Best Ever Banana Bread in just an hour.
So enjoy this from my grandma’s recipe box to table.
How do you make Best Ever Banana Bread?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in order as listed. Mix until well combined.
Once it is well combined pour into 2- 3 greased bread pans, make sure to divide evenly, and bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes.
Time may vary depending on oven and pan size; insert toothpick to make sure bread is done.
If you love grandma’s classic bread recipes, also check out this Best Ever Zucchini Bread recipe.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Kids Review: They especially love this recipe with chocolate chips!
Best Ever Banana Bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 cups very ripe mashed bananas about 6-8 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 cup nuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in order as listed. Mix until well combined.
- Once it is well combined pour into 2- 3 greased bread pans, make sure to divide evenly, and bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes.
- Time may vary depending on oven and pan size; insert toothpick to make sure bread is done.