This Easy Avocado Breakfast Casserole is a delicious and nutritious dish perfect for any meal! With cherry tomatoes, bacon, hash browns, and cheese.
This dish has been a hit with my family. The flavor is unique and creamy, and you can’t help but smile after enjoying this heavenly dish.
The other night I was making dinner for our family and my friends as well. I needed something quick and easy, as tonight’s schedule was a little more than full & the hubby was out of town. I also needed a recipe that was stress-free (wait, do those exist?). Well, let me say… this met all the “requirements”. Breakfast for dinner? Why not!
As a busy mom of 5, I love nutritious breakfasts that I can have ready ahead of time so I don’t have to worry about it during the morning rush.
More breakfast recipe ideas
- Simple Egg White Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Coconut Cinnamon Pecan French Toast Casserole
Ingredients for Avocado Breakfast Casserole?
- Crescent rolls
- Hash browns
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Easy Avocado Breakfast Casserole
- 8 ounce Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 10 slices cooked bacon cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded hash browns thawed (I didn’t have frozen hash browns so I used some red potatoes and just put them through the food processor)
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Lightly spray with cooking spray a 9×13 glass pan. Press crescent rolls on the bottom and up sides of the pan.
- Layer bacon, hash browns, California avocado, and tomatoes on top of crescent roll dough.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Pour egg and milk mixture over the top of other ingredients in the 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle kosher salt and cracked black pepper over to taste. Serve and enjoy!
My review: I personally thought it could use a little something more. I added sea salt and fresh ground pepper, this helped. I think next time I will top with fresh salsa or add sautéed mushrooms or spinach. Overall it was nice, clean and light. Will use again.
Kid’s reviews: Well, Aiden (10 years) loved it. Thought it could use a little more bacon. As for the others, I had one crying about the avocados, another picking out the tomatoes – but once it came down to it they all ate it, every last bite and it wasn’t too much of a fight. So I would count this as a success.