Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are an easy no-bake dessert bar. Everyone will want a slice of these decadent treats!
These no-bake peanut butter bars are what happens when you take the best of a Reese’s cup and turn it into a no-bake dessert bar. These no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars will be a hit, I can promise you that – incredibly easy to make and even easier to eat.
These peanut butters are about the best thing ever with two layers combining peanut butter, graham crackers, and chocolate – I am so in love with them!
My family is, too, as evidenced by the clamoring whenever I make a batch. They taste like Reese’s peanut butter cups – no one can resist them!
This is one of my favorite quick dessert recipes for potlucks, parties, BBQs, or other events. They’re seriously so easy and only need an hour or so to set before you slice and serve them.
Just be sure to print out copies of the recipe to share because I’m sure you’ll get requests once you share a batch with family and friends. Every bite of these no-bake bars is like a little bit of peanut butter and chocolate heaven. It’s the best combination – I can’t wait for you to try them!
- Margarine: I like Blue Bonnet for this recipe because it saves on some fat and calories, but you can also use the same amount of butter.
- Graham cracker crumbs: Look for boxed graham cracker crumbs in the baking aisle or you can crush whole crackers in a food processor.
- Powdered sugar: This gives the peanut butter filling a smooth texture. Granulated sugar makes it grainy, so I don’t recommend using it.
- Creamy peanut butter: This is used in the peanut butter layer and chocolate topping.
- Milk chocolate chips: These are melted to create a smooth chocolate layer for the bars. You can also use dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How to Make the Bars
Line a 9×13″ baking pan with parchment paper. Make the paper bigger than the pan so it’s easy to lift the bars out in one piece before you slice them.
Beat the margarine and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar.
Press the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan. Refrigerate it for 15 minutes while you make the chocolate topping.
Place a heat-proof bowl on top of a pan of simmering water on the stove. Place the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the bowl and stir until the mixture is melted and smooth.
Spread the chocolate mixture over the chilled peanut butter layer. Refrigerate the bars for at least one hour before slicing and serving.
I use regular peanut butter for this recipe – I haven’t tried natural peanut butter and can’t say for sure how it will work in this recipe. I think regular crunchy peanut butter would work fine if you want to add more texture to the peanut butter layer.
The bars do need time to set, at least an hour. Or you can make them a day ahead and chill them overnight.
Store leftover peanut butter bars in the fridge. They should keep well for several days.
Want salted chocolate peanut butter bars? Sprinkle a little sea salt over the chocolate layer before it sets. A little will go a long way!
Treat yourself to this chocolate peanut butter bars recipe, friends. You won’t regret and your family will thank you for them, too – Enjoy! XOXO San
More No-Bake Desserts
- No-Bake Cookies
- No-Bake German Chocolate Cheesecake
- Fudge Brownie No-Bake Cheesecake
- Strawberry Ice Box Cake
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup margarine melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Line a 9×13" pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together peanut butter and margarine until smooth. Mix in graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar until fully combined.
- Press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes while making the topping.
- In a metal bowl or double boiler over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter. Stirring until smooth and completely melted. Spread over the prepared crust and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Once the topping is set, cut into squares. We cut them into 4 by 8 rows to get 32 bars. Enjoy!