Chicken Buffalo Taquitos are insanely delicious made with all of the flavors from Buffalo Chicken Wings in this easy-to-eat taquito.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are perfect for your next party or game-day gathering! Inspired by my daughter Jersey’s obsession with Frank’s Hot Sauce, this recipe is simple and easy to throw together. Bake or pan-fry, either way, they’re insanely delicious.
Looking for an easy way to feed a crowd? Then look no further than our Buffalo Chicken Taquitos! These handheld bites are packed with all of the flavors of your favorite buffalo chicken wings but without all of the mess. And trust us, they’ll be gone before you know it!
So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer or fun and tasty main course, our Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are sure to hit the spot. So go ahead and give them a try – your taste buds will thank you!
I adore slow cooker meals because they’re so easy to make! Just toss all the ingredients into the machine in the morning, then you can relax and enjoy your evening knowing dinner is taken care of. I especially love slow cookers during the busy school year since I can use them 2-3 times a week.
Trying for a flavorful and easy-to-make meal? These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are perfect, and they come with a delicious Blue Cheese Dip on the side.
When my kids were little they begged for me to make buffalo wings, and if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that I was not a fan… and it’s not because of the taste. I despised the clean-up after. Faces were covered in sauce, and then like all kids, they wipe their mouths with their shirts to clean them.
That’s when I made these buffalo chicken taquitos as they’re less messy than wings. These were so easy to make and only took a few minutes to prepare. I also loved that I could control the level of spice by adding more or less buffalo sauce. And the best part? The blue cheese dip. It’s cool, and creamy, and takes these taquitos to the next level.
If you’re looking for an easy meal that the whole family will love, give these Buffalo Chicken Taquitos a try.
How do you make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Taquitos?
In a slow cooker add the boneless-skinless chicken breast. Now top the chicken breast with the seasonings; garlic powder, onion power, salt, and ranch packet.
Next, top it with buffalo sauce.
Finish by adding the cream cheese. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
While cooking, prepare Blue Cheese Dip by mixing all dip ingredients in a bowl. Let it sit covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Once the chicken has completely cooked preheat your oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil, and set aside.
Remove chicken from crockpot, shred using two forks or mixing it in your stand mixer using the paddle attachment, return to slow cooker and mix the chicken into the sauce.
Depending on the size of your tortilla, I used the small taco-sized ones, add your buffalo chicken mixture, anywhere from 2-4 tablespoons onto the middle of each tortilla.
Top with shredded fontina, then tightly roll up the tortilla. Place on a prepared baking sheet, repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken, placing in a single layer as pictured, making sure they aren’t touching.
To get a crispy outer shell, spray rolled taquitos with additional cooking spray.
Bake for 12 minutes, or until tortillas are golden. Serve with Blue Cheese Dip & garnishes.
Make them crispy! To give the taquitos a nice golden crunch on the outside, take your baked taquitos and turn them in a large skillet that is hot to the touch. You can spray the pan or the taquitos with a bit of cooking spray if needed.
Short cut! Want to make these in under 20 minutes? Buy a rotisserie chicken, and shred the chicken breast meat. Make the sauce by mixing together using a hand mixer Frank’s Buffalo Sauce, seasonings, and cream cheese (softened to room temperature). Stir in the chicken and follow the rest of the recipe directions.
How do I pan fry taquitos?
Looking to make your taquitos with a bit more of a crunch, try pan frying these, it’s easy, but not as healthy and the clean-up is a bit more as well, but my husband would say it is worth it.
In a wide saucepan, heat the vegetable oil until it just starts to bubble slightly. Remove a piece of tortilla from the pan and test it for doneness. It should sizzle lightly as soon as you place it in the oil.
Add the taquitos a few at a time, careful not to overcrowd them. Fry them 4-5 minutes per side, until they are golden brown.
Looking for more twists on classic taquitos? Check out these recipes.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3-2/3 cup Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce we use mild
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese shredded or Mexican blend cheese
- 12-16 flour tortillas
- green onion chopped
- blue cheese crumbled
- buffalo wing sauce drizzled
Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 ranch dip packet Hidden Valley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 mayo
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- green onions chopped (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine chicken and 1/3 to 2/3 cup buffalo sauce, depending how saucy you like it. Add garlic powder, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- While cooking, prepare Blue Cheese Dip by mixing all dip ingredients in a bowl. Let it sit covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, shred using two forks, return to slow cooker and mix the into the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray baking sheet with cooking oil, set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup of the buffalo chicken mixture onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with shredded fontina, then tightly roll up the tortilla. Place on prepared baking sheet, repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken, placing in a single layer about a 1-inch apart; make sure they aren’t touching.
- Optionally, to get a crispier tortilla, spray rolled taquitos with additional cooking spray.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until tortillas are golden. Serve with Blue Cheese Dip & garnishes.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Full Disclosure for further details.