Easy-to-make Chicken Teriyaki takes just minutes to prep and simmers all day in the slow cooker. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki is one of our favorite meals – it’s a family favorite all around! The best part is that it’s easy – take five minutes to prep it in the morning so dinner is all ready to go that evening. Pile the delicious shredded chicken on top of fluffy white rice. It’s so good!
It’s an understatement that my family is obsessed with this slow cooker chicken teriyaki – including my dad! We can’t get enough of savory homemade teriyaki sauce coating the shredded chicken.
The first time my dad made this dinner, he didn’t completely read the ingredient list or directions, basically, he was playing around with a recipe. Not following my recipe, actually turned out to be a brilliant mistake, because the flavors were amazing. Needless to say, we had a great dinner. So here’s to happy accidents!
What I love best about this recipe is the prep work. It’s practically nonexistent! All you do is whisk up the sauce and pour it over the chicken thighs in the slow cooker. Then, just leave it until the chicken is cooked through.
When it’s time for dinner, I make a batch of white rice to serve it with. Although, brown rice, jasmine rice, or even quinoa would be great, too!
Shred the chicken and then serve it over the rice. Add a veggie like steamed broccoli and you get a great dinner with hardly any work.
This crock pot teriyaki chicken recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners – especially when you’re craving takeout. You’ll save money and get all of those delicious teriyaki flavors. It’s a win-win.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs – you can also use the same amount of boneless skinless chicken breasts, if you prefer.
- Minced garlic
- Minced fresh ginger
- Brown sugar
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- Rice vinegar
- Cold water
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
How to Make Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
Whisk the garlic, ginger, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and vinegar in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Cover the slow cooker and cook the chicken on high for four to five hours or on low for eight hours.
Once the chicken is cooked, take it out of the slow cooker and shred it with two forks. Place the shredded meat back in the sauce and toss to coat.
Pile the shredded chicken teriyaki on cooked rice. Sprinkle the green onions and sesame seeds over the top.
The leftovers keep great in the refrigerator for three to four days. Keep them in an airtight container.
This slow cooker teriyaki chicken is also great for meal prep. You can make a batch over the weekend and store it in single-serving containers in the fridge. Add a side of rice, too! I love to reheat for easy lunches during the week.
If you’re putting your meal plan together for the week, you need to add this slow cooker chicken teriyaki. I know you’ll love how easy it is and you’re going to love the flavor – Enjoy! XOXO San
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds for garnish
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Place the chicken thighs in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstach,a nd rice vinegar.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Place back in slow cooker and toss in the sauce to coat.
- Serve over rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.