Cookies & Cream Nutella Ice Cream – Creamy and rich, this Nutella ice cream with Oreo chunks makes for a mouthwatering combination.
Your summer just became a whole lot more delicious with this easy no-churn ice cream. The combination of creamy Nutella ice cream with crushed Oreo cookies is ice cream bliss.
In our house, Nutella cures many things. A broken heart, scratches and scrapes and it acts as a conflict resolution for my hubby and me (semi-kidding). Sometimes just a spoonful of Nutella from the jar is enough to cure an afternoon sugar craving, but when we need a serious cure, I make Nutella ice cream.
Last year I made Chocolate Chunk Nutella Ice Cream and I honestly thought it couldn’t get better, but I was wrong. Adding Oreo cookies makes the ultimate combo and it is oh so sinfully delicious.
It’s a no-churn ice cream recipe so it’s easy to make, too. Almost too easy. We’ve made batches of it and the kids and I agree – this is the best Nutella ice cream recipe yet.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate milk
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Crumbled Oreo cookies
How do you make no-churn ice cream?
In a blender, puree Nutella, sugar, cream, salt, and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Place the blender in the fridge until the mixture is chilled.
Once chilled place the blender in the freezer for 45 minutes. Remove it from the freezer and blend the mixture for 15-20 seconds.
Pour the mixture into a container and place it back in the freezer for 45 minutes.
Remove the container from the freezer and whisk it. Add the crumbled Oreo cookies and gently mix them in. Place the container back in the freezer for another 45 minutes.
Repeat the process one to two more times and then leave it in the freezer until the ice cream is frozen. When you serve it, this no-churn ice cream will melt faster than your typical store-bought ice cream.
Once your ice cream is made it will keep in the freezer for a few weeks. Stored properly, it will taste as fresh and delicious as the day you made it.
- Your ice cream should be stored in a freezer-safe container. I like to use a loaf pan because it’s easy to scoop the ice cream for serving. It’s also a good idea to add a layer of plastic wrap that sits on top of the surface before you secure the lid of the container.
- Store it in the coldest part of your freezer which is usually in the back. This will keep it from being exposed to warm air when the freezer is opened.
- Ice cream that melts and refreezes develops a grainy texture which is from ice crystals that form. So, it’s a good idea to only take it out long enough to serve the amount you need and pop it back in the freezer so it doesn’t melt too much. It will keep better if you do this.
Friends, you are going to love these cookies and cream Nutella ice cream. It’s so easy to make and the ultimate summer treat. Enjoy! XOXO San.
More Recipes You Might Like to Try
Looking for some other ideas? Check out some of my favorites:
Don’t forget to pin this ice cream recipe to your favorite Pinterest board.
Cookies & Cream Nutella Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup chocolate milk
- 3/4 cup Nutella any chocolate hazelnut spread will work
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups crumbled Oreo cookies I used double stuffed, between 10-13 Oreos
- In a blender puree cream, chocolate milk, Nutella, sugar, salt, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Put the blender in the fridge until chilled. Once chilled, place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and blend for 15-20 seconds. Pour into serving dish, cover, and place back in freezer for another 45 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and whisk. Add Oreo cookies and gently mix in, then place back in freezer for another 45 minutes. Repeat process one to two more times, I usually just do once. Leave in freezer until completely set and ready to serve.
- This ice cream will melt faster than your typical store-bought ice cream. Serve immediately when taken out of the freezer.