This Sesame Pulled Pork is cooked in a sweet sesame sauce in your slow cooker. This will certainly be a family favorite, and it’s far better than takeout.
This Sesame Pork is made easy in the slow cooker, and I guarantee it will satisfy that craving for takeout. Prep the pork tenderloin in the morning, add the sauce, and leave it all to simmer in the slow cooker. Serve it with rice for a delicious weeknight dinner!
I love using my slow cooker to create delicious meals that my family will devour and this easy sesame pork recipe is one of my family’s favorites.
My kids love sesame chicken and every time we get take-out that is what they order. So, of course, I also make it at home, simply to save money. Take-out for 7, not cheap. And while I don’t mind preparing it, sometimes I just don’t have the time and that is where my slow cooker steps in.
What I love about sesame sauce is that it pairs well with different proteins so instead of chicken, I tried our favorite sesame sauce recipe with pork. I knew that it would make a fantastic combo, just was hoping that it would pass the test with my kiddos. Verdict: yum, yummy, loved it, winner!
I love pork tenderloin, it is one of my new favorite meats to cook with because it is so tender and juicy, adding to the flavor of this Sesame Pulled Pork.
It’s also one of my favorite easy slow cooker recipes – do the prep in the morning, leave it to simmer all day, and when it’s time for dinner you have delicious juicy pork coated in that amazing sauce.
The first time I made this shredded sesame pork, all of the kids devoured every last bite. If your family’s a fan of takeout, you need to give this recipe a try.
- Asian sweet chili sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Soy sauce
- Chili paste – this is optional but adds a nice touch of heat.
- Brown sugar
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Minced garlic cloves
- Minced fresh ginger
- Finely diced white onion
How do you make Slow Cooker Sesame Pork?
Season pork loin with salt and a dash of pepper. Add olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add pork to the hot oiled pan and sear until all sides are browned. Remove pork and place it in the slow cooker.
Add all of the sauce ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour sauce over pork in the slow cooker, turn pork in sauce to coat all sides.
Set slow cooker to your desired setting, cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
Once the pork is tender and completely cooked. Shred pork and place back in the slow cooker and cook in the sauce for about 15-20 minutes. Serve with cooked rice and garnishes.
We love our sesame pork with lots of garnishes!
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sesame seeds – sprinkle them over the pork or toast them in a skillet first to make toasted sesame seeds.
Add a Side Dish
The flavors in this sesame pulled pork pair great with veggies. Here are some we enjoy with it:
- Sautéed green beans
- Steamed broccoli or cauliflower
- Cooked red bell peppers
The next time you want takeout, I hope you leave those menus in the drawer and make this easy sesame pork instead. It’s a mealtime regular at our house – it will be at yours, too!
More Easy Recipes to Try
- Mongolian Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Curry Red Pepper Quinoa Soup
- Pork Tacos
- Cashew Boneless Pork Chops
Don’t forget to pin this for later to your favorite Pinterest board.
Sesame Pulled Pork
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless pork tenderloin
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Asian sweet chili sauce found in the Asian aisle at the grocery store
- 2 tablespoon Hoisin sauce found in the Asian aisle at the grocery store
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste optional. adds a touch of heat
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup white onion finely diced
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- serve with rice
- Season pork loin with salt and a dash of pepper. Add olive oil to large skillet and place over medium-heat. Add pork to the hot oiled pan and sear until all sides are browned.
- Place seared pork in slow cooker.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour sauce over pork in the slow cooker, turn pork in sauce to coat all sides.
- Set slow cooker to your desired setting, cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- Once pork is tender and complete cooked. Shred pork and place back in the slow cooker and cook in the sauce for about 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare rice.
- Serve pork over rice, garnishing with chopped green onions, cilantro (my husband’s favorite garnish) and sesame seeds.