Snowflake Peppermint Bark is a fun and festive way to make classic peppermint bark. It is the perfect addition to your holiday cookie platter.
I love chocolate and peppermint together, and I have seen so many great recipes for peppermint bark. But when I saw these cute little snowflake cookie cutters at the store this morning this idea came to me, Peppermint Snowflake Bark! They turned out so cute and I am totally giving them as gifts!!!
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Snowflake Peppermint Bark
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts I use Chocomaker candy melts
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- 3 candy canes crushed into really small bits
- Place the 5 cookie cutters on parchment paper placed on top of a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave the dark chocolate until melted. I cooked it for 1 minute, then stirred and had to heat for another 30 seconds until it was completely melted.
- In a frosting bag, pour the chocolate into the bag, cut the bottom corner. The slowly squeeze out the chocolate at the bottom of each snowflake, trying to divide the chocolate evenly so that you have 5. I just eyeball it.
- Tap the cookie sheet against the counter to level out the chocolate and get out any air bubbles. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, microwave the white chocolate until melted. I cooked it for 1 minute, then stirred and had to heat for another 30 seconds until it was completely melted.
- In a frosting bag, pour the white chocolate into the bag, cut the bottom. The slowly squeeze out the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate, trying to divide the chocolate evenly so that you have 5, use the tip of the bag to make sure you get the chocolate in all the creases.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top of white chocolate and set in the fridge to harden for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate gently from each cookie cutter by pulling the cookie cutter away from the chocolate or just push out the bottom. Some of them were easier than others.
- Place in a small clear bag and tie with ribbon to make this as a gift or set on top of a cookie platter to go with your other treats!
Kids review: They were beyond excited to give these away. I said we weren’t going to eat any, but two mysteriously disappeared along with two toddlers. Found bot the chocolate and the kids behind the couch…so only three to give now. LOL! Love these kinds of moments.