Snowflake Peppermint Bark is a fun and festive way to make classic peppermint bark. It is the perfect addition to your holiday cookie platter.
I love chocolate and peppermint together, and I have seen so many great recipes for peppermint bark. But when I saw these cute little snowflake cookie cutters at the store this morning this idea came to me, Peppermint Snowflake Bark! They turned out so cute and I am totally giving them as gifts!!!
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Snowflake Peppermint Bark
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts I use Chocomaker candy melts
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- 3 candy canes crushed into really small bits
- Place the 5 cookie cutters on parchment paper placed on top of a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave the dark chocolate until melted. I cooked it for 1 minute, then stirred and had to heat for another 30 seconds until it was completely melted.
- In a frosting bag, pour the chocolate into the bag, cut the bottom corner. The slowly squeeze out the chocolate at the bottom of each snowflake, trying to divide the chocolate evenly so that you have 5. I just eyeball it.
- Tap the cookie sheet against the counter to level out the chocolate and get out any air bubbles. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, microwave the white chocolate until melted. I cooked it for 1 minute, then stirred and had to heat for another 30 seconds until it was completely melted.
- In a frosting bag, pour the white chocolate into the bag, cut the bottom. The slowly squeeze out the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate, trying to divide the chocolate evenly so that you have 5, use the tip of the bag to make sure you get the chocolate in all the creases.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top of white chocolate and set in the fridge to harden for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate gently from each cookie cutter by pulling the cookie cutter away from the chocolate or just push out the bottom. Some of them were easier than others.
- Place in a small clear bag and tie with ribbon to make this as a gift or set on top of a cookie platter to go with your other treats!
Kids review: They were beyond excited to give these away. I said we weren’t going to eat any, but two mysteriously disappeared along with two toddlers. Found bot the chocolate and the kids behind the couch…so only three to give now. LOL! Love these kinds of moments.
Those look too pretty to eat!
Tara @ Live a Sweet Life says
I love these, they’re so pretty!
Cindy @ Diy beautify says
So pretty! And yummy I’m sure…I make peppermint bark every year and my family devours it, but I’ve never seen it presented in such a beautiful way! LOVE 🙂
Very pretty! I love chocolate and candy canes, and I like the snowflake shape.
Dear Sandra, Just stopping by from Two Cup Tuesdays. These little snowflakes look so pretty and festive. These would complete any holiday table. Blessings, Catherine
Aida @ TheCraftingFoodie says
These are so beautiful, and they look delicious! What a perfect little gift to give during the holidays.
This is so beautiful! You have been featured at Foodies & Crafties Soirée @www.kiddiefoodies.com! You may grab your button & hope to see you at the party tomorrow!
Gosia | Kiddie Foodies
So beautiful! You have been featured at Foodies & Crafties Soirée @www.kiddiefoodies.com! You may grab your button & hope to see you at the party tomorrow!
Gosia | Kiddie Foodies
Those look as yummy as they do pretty!
I love peppermint bark, and the snowflake shape just makes it better! Thank you for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you next time.
This looks so yummy! I would love for you to come join my link party at http://ihearthandson.blogspot.ca/2013/12/show-off-friday-no-9-plus-features.html
I look forward to seeing more posts from you.
Have a great weekend and happy holidays!
Jenn @ IHeartHandsOn
karen stroh says
This peppermint snowflake was one of the yummiest things I have ever tasted… Well actually anything I have tasted that you have made seems like a little taste of heaven. Thank-you so much for the goodies.
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile says
How pretty and sound delicious. This would decorate any Christmas plate. Thank you for sharing at Tuesday Trivia. I pinned and I’m including it today on my Christmas Candy Roundup.
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile
Hi Sandra! Your Snow Flake Peppermint Bark is one of the Top Features from last week’s Sweet Wednesday Link Party, Congratulations! Also, this post has been pinned to my “Features from Sweet Wednesday Link Party board”: http://www.pinterest.com/mysweetmission/features-from-sweet-wednesday-link-party/
Thanks so much for linking up, I appreciate you!
Looks like Christmasy treats are starting to get popular again 🙂