3-Ingredient Fruit Dip will be your new favorite dessert dip recipe. So simple, so creamy, and always a hit!
This Sour Cream Fruit Dip recipe is an old family favorite handed down to me by my mom. It has three simple ingredients and takes just minutes to make. It’s the best dessert to share at potlucks and BBQs – pair it with fruit, graham crackers, and cookies for the easiest dessert ever.
Growing up we only had this sour cream dip for special occasions like holidays, bridal showers, or baby showers. I’m not sure why my mom didn’t make it more often because it really is so easy. Three ingredients, friends, that’s all you need!
It’s super creamy with a little tang from the sour cream. Add in some vanilla pudding and you get a sweet dip that just begs for some graham crackers, cookies, and fresh fruit for dipping. This is the fruit dip recipe I’ll be making all summer long for BBQs, block parties, and potlucks.
3-Ingredient Fruit Dip
- Sour cream
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
How to Make It
Combine the pudding mix and milk in a mixing bowl. Stir well with a spoon or mix with a hand mixer.
Add the sour cream and mix at low speed until the mixture is smooth.
Place the fruit dip in an airtight container and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
What to Serve with Fruit Dip
We love it with a variety of fruit and cookies!
- Fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
- Other fruit like sliced bananas, apples, melon, peaches, pears, and mangos.
- Citrus like grapefruit or orange segments
- Graham crackers
- Cookies like gingersnaps, Nilla wafers, chocolate wafers, and sugar cookies
- Pretzels also work great!
For parties, I like to make a batch of fruit dip and serve it with fruit trays so everyone has some choices. I like to sneak in a cookie platter, too!
Can you make different flavors?
Yes, it’s easy to change the flavor of this easy vanilla fruit dip recipe just by changing the instant pudding mix. As long as it pairs well with sour cream, it will work great. Here are some other flavors you can try:
Sour cream fruit dip will keep well in the refrigerator for three to four days. Keep it covered with plastic wrap or in a container with an airtight lid.
I know you will love this cold and creamy sweet treat as much as I do! It’s been a favorite fruit dip recipe for years and never disappoints. Enjoy! XOXO San
More Easy Recipes with Fruit
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Sour Cream Fruit Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- Add the instant pudding mix and milk in a medium mixing bowl and mix well with a hand mixer or a spoon.
- Add the sour cream and mix well until the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigeratate in sealed container until ready to serve.