This Bananas Foster Baked French Toast is so amazingly delicious. Made with cinnamon bread, fresh bananas, and pecans, this makes a perfect breakfast treat.
I love a make-ahead breakfast recipe and the baked French toast is one of our favorites. It’s perfect for holidays or special brunches. I think you’re going to love this Bananas Foster French Toast.
I love breakfast that you can make ahead and I love a breakfast recipe that’s a hit with the kids. This bananas foster French toast recipe hit both marks – you can prep it the night before and it’s a dish that gets rave reviews with my kids.
Aiden thought it tasted like monkey bread with bananas and cleaned his plate. The other kiddos love it to. It’s sweet with bites of sliced bananas and crunchy nuts. Perfect for a holiday brunch or special weekend breakfast when you want to treat yourself.
Make-Ahead Baked French Toast
- Instead of using plain bread, I use cinnamon bread to give this dish an extra flavor boost.
- You can assemble the French toast bake the night before. All you have to do the next day is bake it and add the bananas and nuts.
- It smells heavenly while it bakes! It’s a wonderful way to start the weekend or a special holiday.
- Cubed cinnamon bread
- Real maple syrup
- Rum extract
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped pecans
My Favorite Kitchen Tools for this Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Full Disclosure for further details.
9×13 GLASS COOKING PAN: I use glass for this recipe, you could use metal as well. I would recommend glass for this.
MIXING BOWLS: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of its durability.
How to Make Bananas Foster Baked French Toast
Spray bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange bread cubes in baking dish. In large bowl, beat eggs, milk and 1/2 cup of the maple syrup with wire whisk. Pour over bread in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 350°F. Bake the French toast uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown along edges. Let it stand 7 to 10 minutes before serving.
Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, warm 2 cups maple syrup uncovered in the microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until warm. Stir in rum extract.
Sprinkle banana slices and pecans evenly over bread. Drizzle half of the rum-infused syrup over the top. Serve immediately with remaining syrup.
If you’ve been looking for a new special occasion breakfast recipe this is the one to try. The combination of flavors is delicious! Not to mention how divine it smells while it’s baking in the oven. Everyone will run to the table to get a slice. Enjoy! XOXO San
Looking for more delicious and easy breakfast ideas? Check these out next!
More Breakfast Recipes
- Overnight Blueberry Waffle Bake
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast
- Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket
- Overnight Coconut Cinnamon Pecan French Toast Casserole
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Bananas Foster Baked French Toast
- 8 cups cubed cinnamon bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 loaf)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 6 ripe bananas cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Spray bottom of 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange bread cubes in baking dish. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk and 1/2 cup of the maple syrup with a wire whisk. Pour over bread in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown along edges. Let stand 7 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1 cup maple syrup uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until warm. Stir in rum extract.
- Sprinkle banana slices and pecans evenly over bread; drizzle with the warmed syrup mixture. Serve immediately with remaining syrup.