Rice Krispies meet churros in this easy no-bake dessert bar.
Cinnamon rice krispie treats combine the classic no-bake cereal bar and churros for a spiced treat that’s so easy to make. You’re only five ingredients and ten minutes away from these gooey marshmallow churro rice krispie treats!
They might look simple, but these churro rice krispies treats are, hands down, my most favorite recipe to date. I mean, I love all of my recipes but the combination of one of my favorite cereal bars with the cinnamon-sugar goodness of classic churros – well, it’s a match made in heaven!
The inspiration started with one of my favorite cookies from Crumbl Cookies: the churro sugar cookie. I love them so, but they pack a serious calorie punch (800!) so I thought, why not take the idea and turn it into a rice krispie treat? So, I took that inspiration and borrowed a few ingredients from my dulce rice krispie treats to create this whole new version.
I knew I could cut the calories but still have all of the flavors of my favorite cookie combined with the crispy cereal and ooey-gooey marshmallows.
Easy Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats
Beyond that they combine my favorite Spanish donut and cereal bars, they are so easy to make. Just five ingredients!
They also take no time at all. In about 10 minutes you’ll have a pan of the most amazing rice krispie treats ever.
There’s cinnamon mixed into the bars, but I also add a cinnamon-sugar topping which really makes them so much like a churro. It’s the perfect topping for the marshmallow bars.
- Salted butter – you’ll need some for the pan and for the treats
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Mini marshmallows
- Cinnamon – this is in the bars and used for the topping.
- Granulated sugar – use this to make cinnamon sugar for sprinkling over the bars.
Butter an 8×8″ baking pan.
Combine the cereal and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set this aside while you melt the butter and marshmallows.
Place the butter in a large pot and melt it over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are almost melted. I like to leave some marshmallow lumps so you get those nice gooey pulls when you break apart the bars.
Take the pot off of the heat and add the cinnamon cereal right away. Quickly stir until the cereal is completely mixed with the melted marshmallows.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press it into an even layer. To keep it all from sticking to your hands, use a spatula to press it into the pan.
Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar topping evenly over the bars. Allow the churro rice krispie bars to cool before slicing.
The key to making the best rice krispies treats is to work fast. Once the butter and marshmallows are melted, don’t wait to add the cereal. As the mixture cools it will be harder to mix.
I think it’s easier to add the cereal to the melted marshmallows instead of the other way around. So, be sure to use a large saucepan or pot that will hold everything when you mix.
Use very fresh marshmallows. Dried out or stale marshmallows will melt, but when they cool your bars will taste stale and won’ have that wonderful gooey marshmallow texture.
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature. I like to stack them in layers with wax paper so they don’t stick. They will stay fresh for up to three days.
I’m so thrilled to share these churro rice krispie treats with you! They’re so simple and the best twist on a classic rice krispie bar. If you love churros, you must give them a try soon! XOXO San
Do you love cereal bars like I do? I’ve created other fun variations so be sure to try these easy recipes, too.
- Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
- Reese’s Rice Krispies
- Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treats
- White Chocolate Rice Krispies Pops
Don’t forget to pin these Rice Krispie Treats to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Churro Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons salted butter plus extra for the pan
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 12 ounces mini marshmallows about 7 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar for topping, combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Butter an 8×8" baking pan.
- Add Rice Krispies to a large bowl and toss with 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until almost melted. Leave a few marshmallows not all the way melted, you will want some lumps, this allows for the gooey pulls.
- Remove the pot from heat and quickly stir in cereal until cereal is well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into the buttered pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar as desired and allow to cool before cutting and serving. Enjoy!