This Rolo S’mores Dip will devoured immediately upon first bite. Your favorite campfire treat just got a new makeover with milk chocolate and chewy caramel.
With this s’mores you don’t need a campfire so you can make them anytime you get a craving for ooey-gooey toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate. This dip has a caramel twist with Rolos for the best s’mores dip recipe ever.
After I saw a Buzz Feed video about S’mores Dip I have not been able to get it out of my mind. It is the perfect solution for impatient roasters like myself. Actually, there is only one patient marshmallow roaster in our entire family of 7.
Our son Madden, loves roasting marshmallows and will literally spend 8-10 minutes getting a perfectly toasted outer marshmallow layer with a warm gooey center. Not sure where he got that patience from, but none the less, I always ask him to roast mine. My other 4 children, literally intentionally catch theirs on fire to get it done quick. They don’t mind the crispy sometimes black outer layer…ewe.
After having this Rolo S’mores Dip my husband said, “Why would anyone ever make a s’more again?” By the way, he doesn’t even like s’mores and he demolished this dip. But to answer my husband’s question, you make s’mores because it is a campfire tradition, you make s’mores for the sake of making s’mores, it’s the memories. Plus it keeps the kids busy.
With this recipe you don’t need a campfire or roasting sticks. It’s a super simple dessert dip that tastes just like s’mores complete with toasted marshmallows but made easy in the oven. And the Rolos? They take s’mores to a whole new gooey sweet level.
- Rolo candies
- Mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers
How do you make Rolo S’mores Dip?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small cast-iron skillet or any skillet that is oven safe. Lay down the Rolo candies on the bottom of the skillet in a single layer.
Top with a single layer of marshmallows, there may be a few that rest on top of each other and that is just fine. Make sure to cover the entire top of the Rolo candies with marshmallows.
Stick the skillet in the oven and bake about 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden and bubbly. Check about 6-8 minutes and then every minute or two after that making sure not to burn.
Serve immediately with graham crackers.
How to Serve It
In keeping with tradition, we love to use graham crackers to scoop up the ooey-gooey dip, but there are other options you can try like pretzels, cookies, or even fruit like strawberries or bananas.
What’s really fun is to make a whole s’mores platter with all kinds of dippers to go with the dip. It’s a great way to serve s’mores dip for parties!
What I love about this s’mores dip (besides devouring it!) is that you can switch up the candy for a twist!
- Love peanut butter? Use mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Want to go classic? You can use Hershey chocolate bars, chocolate chips, or even chopped chocolate. Semi-sweet, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate are all delicious variations.
- Any other chocolate baking chips or chopped chocolate candy you like should work well, too!
So craving s’mores and don’t have the means for a fire. Or need a great summer dessert to share, make this Rolo S’mores Dip. Chocolate and caramel never disappoint.
Enjoy! XOXO San
More Fun Twists on S’mores
If you love S’mores as much as I do, be sure to try these:
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Rolo S’mores Dip
- 90 Rolo candies
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- graham crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking dish, used a 5×8 oven-safe serving dish.You can use an 8-inch round skillet or a 9×9 baking pan, as well.
- Place the Rolo candies on the bottom of the dish in a single layer. Then top with a layer of mini-marshmallows, there may be a few that rest on top of each other and that is just fine. Make sure to cover the entire top of the Rolo candies with marshmallows.
- Stick the baking dish in the oven and bake about 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden and bubbly. You can then at that point place on a low-broil for 1-2 minutes to get nice golden marshmallows. Be sure to check the dish every couple of minutes to make sure nothing is burning or getting too crispy.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers or green apple slices for a healthier version.