This hearty Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup will be a family favorite. Delicious & easy to make, you’re simply going to love how easy it comes together.
This Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup is delicious, savory, and perfect for the cold fall and winter months. This soup makes a great addition to any family potluck, and is super easy and fun to make on a cold night!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup is sponsored by Three Bridges. All opinions expressed are my own.
I love soup during the fall and winter months. In fact, last week alone we had a slow cooker soup or stew 4 days out of the week. It made life easy for me and dinner delicious for the family. I especially love simple tomato soups, while my kids love anything with cheese…lots of cheese. Since today is #TortelliniTuesday, we’ve decided to highlight a recipe using Three Bridges freshly made tortellini and seeing that it’s national pasta month, it’s a great time to try something new.
So this Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup combines both our favorites in one deliciously hearty soup. My favorite thing about this Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup, besides the gorgeous dark red color, is that I can make this in my slow cooker. Literally, I threw all of the ingredients in my crock-pot and let it simmer. Then we topped it with some freshly grated parmesan cheese and sprinkled on some pepper and had the most amazing dinner.
This Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup recipe makes a ton, so we had enough to give some friends for their dinner the next night too. We got a text the very next day saying how much they loved it.
Besides this soup just being downright delicious, it’s also beautiful to look at. I kind of just wanted to sit at the table and admire this soup for a while, but my family was hungry. With the tomato base and the cheese tortellini, my kids didn’t even notice the kale in their soup, a mom-win for me.
I prefer this soup with a little more liquid, and if I were to freeze it, I would only use one package of the Three Bridges Triple Cheese Tortellini. My kids on the other hand, loved more pasta, so I made this batch with two packages.
I’m excited for you to try this Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup and I’m certain once you try it, it will become a regular on your menu. Enjoy this classic Tuscan soup from our slow cooker to yours. XOXO San
How do you make Tortellini Soup?
In a large pan, add sausage, onion, and garlic.
Roughly chop while the sausage is cooking and cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely cooked through; about 8-10 minutes.
Once sausage is cooked remove from heat and drain excess grease if you desire.
In a 6 qt. slow cooker, add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cooked sausage and all of the seasonings.
Put lid onto slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5.
Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, and tortellini and cook for another 20 minutes.
Then add chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
Once cooked, serve and garnish with more cheese if you so desire.
How do you store Tortellini Soup?
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate, the soup will last for 1-2 weeks if stored properly.
What can you make in a crockpot?
Pretty much anything!
Soups, dinners, even desserts!
Check out all Dash of Sanity crock pot recipes here!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- 3 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth if you like a less salty soup, use low sodium
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt to taste, I use 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup kale roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-n-half milk would work too
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 20 ounce package refrigerated Cheese Tortellini or 2 - 9 ounce packages
- In a large pan add sausage, onion, and garlic. Roughly chop while the sausage is cooking and cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely cooked through; about 8-10 minutes.
- Once sausage is cooked remove from heat and drain excess grease if you desire.
- In a 6 qt. slow cooker add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cooked sausage and all of the seasonings.
- Add lid onto slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5.
- Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, and tortellini and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Then add chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve and garnish with more cheese if you so desire.