This hearty slow cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup will be a family favorite. It’s not only delicious but also simple to make! You’ll be amazed at how quickly it all comes together.
This tortellini soup is the perfect blend of delicious and savory, making it ideal for colder months. It’s easy to make and perfect for a family potluck on chilly nights!
There’s something about soup during the fall and winter months that I love. Last week, we had a slow cooker soup or stew four days out of the week! Not only was it easy for me, but dinner was delicious for the family.
I prefer tomato soup, while my children love anything with oodles of cheese. This Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup is a hearty combination of both our favorite flavors.
Besides the appetizing dark red color, my favorite thing about this Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup is that I can cook it in a crock-pot. To make this dish, simply add all ingredients to the pot and let simmer.
We completed our meal with some freshly grated parmesan cheese, pepper, and had an excellent dinner.
We made too much of this Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup recipe and had to give some leftovers to a friend. They texted us the next day saying how great it was.
Not only is this soup delicious, but it’s also stunning. I would’ve loved to have just stared at it for a while, but my family was getting Hangry. My children didn’t even notice the kale in their soup because of the tomato base and cheese tortellini – a victory for me as a mom.
How long can you keep tortellini soup in the fridge?
Store this Tortellini Soup in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to eat it, heat it up on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Can I freeze tortellini soup?
If you would like to save this soup for a later date, follow these instructions. First, let the soup cool before adding the tortellini. Next, find an appropriate freezer bag or container and seal it shut after getting rid of any extra air inside. You can keep the frozen tortellini next to the soup so they will be together when you’re ready to reheat and consume it.
While I don’t recommend freezing this soup after it has been made. With that said, if you needed to, I would use only one package of cheese tortellini, so that you have more broth (the most delicious part!)
I created this Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup for you to try and I promise that it will quickly become a staple in your home. Made with love, enjoy this delicious soup from our family to yours.
How do you make Tortellini Soup?
In a large pan, add sausage, onion, and garlic.
Roughly chop while the sausage is cooking and cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely cooked through about 8-10 minutes.
Once the sausage is cooked, remove it from the heat and drain the excess grease if you desire.
In a 6 qt. slow cooker, add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cooked sausage, and all of the seasonings.
Put the lid onto the slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5.
Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, and tortellini, and cook for another 20 minutes.
Then add chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
Once cooked, serve and garnish with more cheese if you so desire.
What can you make in a crockpot?
Pretty much anything! Soups, dinners, even desserts!
Check out all Dash of Sanity crock pot recipes here! In the meantime, here are a few of my favorites.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- 3 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth if you like a less salty soup, use low sodium
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt to taste, I use 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup kale roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-n-half milk would work too
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 20 ounce package refrigerated Cheese Tortellini or 2 – 9 ounce packages
- In a large pan add sausage, onion, and garlic. Roughly chop while the sausage is cooking and cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely cooked through; about 8-10 minutes.
- Once sausage is cooked remove from heat and drain excess grease if you desire.
- In a 6 qt. slow cooker add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cooked sausage and all of the seasonings.
- Add lid onto slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5.
- Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, and tortellini and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Then add chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve and garnish with more cheese if you so desire.