This easy game-day recipe for Sausage Queso Dip is simple to make. It takes only minutes to throw together and makes enough to feed a crowd.
What sets this queso recipe apart from the rest? Ok, I’ll tell you. My secret ingredient is taco seasoning. While that may not seem like a huge secret, before this recipe, I never found a sausage queso dip recipe that had it. And really, this simple addition sets this apart from all the other queso recipes out there.
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
My kids love my mom’s queso dip, and honestly, I never thought I would be able to beat her cheese dip in my kid’s eyes. That was until I made this Sausage Queso Dip. While my husband loves this dip just as much as the rest of us, sadly he gets mega-heartburn as well. The sausage and the tomatoes are a combination that leaves him looking for relief every time.
After a few years of battling heartburn, he finally decided to do something about it, which at first was to avoid all things with tomatoes like pizza, pasta, salsa or dip that included cooked tomatoes. With fresh tomatoes, he did just fine, so it had something to do with cooked tomatoes or fresh tomatoes with spices.
If you know my husband, you know how much he loves salsa (his favorite food), so I knew eliminating this from his diet wouldn’t last long. He’d be back to eating his favorites again, but that also meant the return of heartburn.
His love of this dip prevailed, so he decided taking something to alleviate and combat these symptoms before they started had to happen. That’s where Equate Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets (aka Omeprazole ODT) comes in.
Equate Omeprazole ODT is an orally dissolving tablet that treats the symptoms of frequent heartburn (heartburn that occurs 2 or more days per week). Here are some things you need to know about Equate Omeprazole ODT:
- Actual size of the tablet on the front of the box
- Dosage: 1 Dose taken every 24 hours for 14 days
- The box includes three 14-day courses of treatment *NOTE* Unless directed by a doctor, you shouldn’t take Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets for more than 14 days or more frequently than every four months.
- Taken orally and melts in your mouth
- The tablets are strawberry-flavored
- This tablet is easy for taking on the go, as there is no glass of water needed
- For best consumption experience, allow the tablet to dissolve on your tongue. Do not chew Omeprazole ODT tablets or dissolve in liquid
After reading some reviews online, pretty much everyone has had similar experiences, which included relief from heartburn symptoms. Omeprazole ODT is not intended for immediate relief and although some experience an improvement in their symptoms after 24 hours, it may take 1-4 days to feel the full effect.
It’s nice to be able to enjoy the things you love and not have the painful consequence. That means for my husband Jake, enjoying things again from homemade salsa to my Aunt Dana’s famous Spaghetti to this – his favorite Sausage Queso Dip. And all with no chest pain.
If you’re not sure what heartburn feels like, here are some common symptoms that Equate Omeprazole ODT would help relieve. Heartburn symptoms include:
- A “burning” feeling in the chest. This feeling is typically behind the breastbone and occurs after eating. It may last from a few minutes to several hours.
- Chest pain, especially after bending over, lying down or eating.
- Burning sensation in the throat.
- Hot, sour, acidic, or salty-tasting fluid at the back of the throat or mouth.
- A feeling of food being “stuck” in the middle of the chest or throat.
So while you are at Walmart picking up all the ingredients for this dip and any other game needs, you can grab the Equate Omeprazole ODT too! Making Walmart your go-to for many of your family needs.
And that means enjoying my favorite thing about this Sausage Queso Dip, the unexpected ingredient. The taco seasoning adds some flavor and the sausage can add a hint of heat if you want it to. While I bought just normal ground pork and have also used mild sausage, if you want some heat, use spicy sausage or chorizo. My husband and I prefer it this way, but not the kids.
So while you are at Walmart picking up all the ingredients for this dip and any other game needs, you can grab the Equate Omeprazole ODT too! Making Walmart you to go-to for many of your family needs.
Excited for football season and all the foodie things that come along with that, be sure to add this Sausage Queso Dip to your game-day or fiesta list. Everyone will love it.
Simple, easy & delicious, this queso recipe is amped up just for you. Enjoy, friends.
How do you make SAUSAGE QUESO DIP?
Heat skillet over medium heat then add the pork in the pan.
Use a wooden spoon to break the pork up into small crumbles, cook about7-11 minutes, until browned an all sides.
Add taco seasoning with the pork.
Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed, and let it come to a simmer.
The mixture will thicken and coat the pork.
Season with additional taco seasoning if you desire.
In Microwave safe bowl, combine all of the ingredients but the milk & cheddar cheese, cover and cook on high for 2 minutes.
Stir, recover and cook for another 1 minute.
Repeat process until completely melted.
Stir, add 1-2 tbsp of milk, stir, cover and then cook for another minute.
Add cheddar cheese, stir, cover and cook for another minute or until dip is hot and melty.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Sausage Queso Dip to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Sausage Queso Dip
- 32 ounces Velveeta
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground pork or mild sausage
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat skillet over medium heat then add the pork in the pan. Use a wooden spoon to break the pork up into small crumbles, cook about7-11 minutes, until browned an all sides.
- Add taco seasoning with the pork. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed, and let it come to a simmer. The mixture will thicken and coat the pork. Season with additional taco seasoning if you desire.
- In Microwave safe bowl, combine all of the ingredients but the milk & cheddar cheese, cover and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir, cover, and cook for another 1 minute. Repeat process until completely melted.
- Stir, add 1-2 tbsp of milk, stir, cover and then cook for another minute.
- Add cheddar cheese, stir, cover and cook for another minute or until dip is hot and melty.