This cheesy buffalo chicken dip is delicious and flavorful from the Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. It’s so addicting that it will be gone in no time!
If you’re ever in need of a dish to bring to any social event, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect solution. My family requests it at least once a week – and for a good reason! It’s one of our all-time favorites.
My family first had this Buffalo Chicken Dip at my sister Tami’s house. As soon as she set it out to serve, everyone congregated around it and devoured it like there was no tomorrow. I’m not exaggerating – people were practically silent while they ate, which is one of the highest compliments you can give to a cook.
We were all a little shocked that Tami served something so amazing and homemade. Everyone knows that Tami is a fantastic hostess, but cooking is not her thing. She would be the first to say so. She typically does not enjoy spending too much time in the kitchen, but she loves entertaining. When she’s invited to a family get-together, she usually asks what she can bring to contribute.
Needless to say, my children and husband were absolutely thrilled with the dish, so I got the recipe from her and we’ve made it (ahem) just a few times since.
This combination of cream cheese, Frank’s Buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing is lethal. We made this again last night and my son Madden was dipping his chip loaded with this dip in extra ranch dressing. Which gave me the idea that you could even drizzle this tip with extra ranch or Frank’s buffalo sauce. I think it would be absolutely delicious.
This dip will likely become our number-one go-to dish for summer gatherings at friends’ and family’s homes. It’s also the perfect Sunday appetizer to enjoy while watching the game.
I really love Frank’s Buffalo sauce, but this Buffalo Chicken Dip has me head over heels. I’m thankful to my sister (who never cooks!) for whipping this up and sharing it with us all. Not only does she have excellent taste in food, but I’m grateful that she’s my sister.
Tami’s secret ingredient might be love because her dishes always turn out amazing, from dips to puppy chow to eggs. I love you, Tam!
This Buffalo chicken dip is packing a flavorful punch! It will taste like your favorite wings, but without the mess. Serve it hot with some crackers and celery sticks on the side for dipping. Your guests will devour this dish!
- Cream cheese
- Cooked & finely chopped chicken, approximately 2 chicken breasts
- Ranch dressing
- Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- Cheddar cheese shredded + more if desired
- Green onions
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Taco chips
- Pita chips
How do you make Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the cream cheese and buffalo sauce together in a medium bowl until they are fully combined. Add in the ranch dressing and mix again until everything is smooth and creamy.
Add chicken and cheese to the mixture. Place the dip into an oven-safe dish (6×10 inches is ideal).
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
After you have baked 20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with more cheese, if desired, and broil on high for 2-3 minutes.
You can sprinkle with chopped green onion and blue cheese if so desired.
More Appetizer Recipes
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken approximately 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded + more if desired
- green onions
- blue cheese crumbles
- taco chips
- pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature. Add to a medium mixing bowl, add in buffalo sauce and ranch dressing and mix until well combined.
- Stir in chicken and cheese. Spread dip into a small ovenproof baking dish. 6×10 is a great size.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.After you have baked 20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with more cheese, if desired and broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.You can sprinkle with chopped green onion and blue cheese if so desired. Serve with any of the options listed above.