Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with a delicious, melt in your mouth chocolate and caramel center.
These Rolo cookies are what happens when you stuff the best peanut butter cookies with chocolate caramel candy. Every bite has melted chocolate and gooey caramel. In other words: they are divine.
There are peanut butter cookies and then there are these peanut butter ROLO cookies. Let me just say, the chocolate caramel candy stuffed in each cookies gives them a serious upgrade!
The peanut butter cookie recipe I use for these Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies is literally the best. Soft, chewy, and just the right amount of peanut butter and literally I could only think of one thing that would make these better is a chocolate and caramel center.
These cookies were inspired by our sweet neighbor, Jen, who has the most amazing Instagram account. Everything (including her and her family) is just gorgeous.
Anyway, they brought over a plate of cookie yumminess and there were peanut butter cookies with a dark chocolate center, holy yum! But my family doesn’t really like dark chocolate, shucks, I had to eat them all.
I loved the idea of stuffing a peanut butter cookie with chocolate, so using my friend’s cookies as inspiration, I made this new recipe. These Rolo cookies are kind of like Peanut Butter Blossoms but inside out.
- Creamy peanut butter
- Softened butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Rolo chocolate candies
How do you make Rolo Stuffed Cookies?
Preheat the oven to 350 F and line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat together with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Stir in the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
Fill a cookie dough scoop about halfway with dough. Press 1 Rolo into the center, then fill the scoop with more dough to cover the Rolo. Place on the cookie sheet.
Using a fork, press down on each ball of dough to slightly flatten and create a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake!
Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Tip: The cookies may not look completely finished baking, but they will set as they cool. If you overbake, you’ll end up with dry, crumbly cookies instead of soft and chewy as they should be!
How long will these Peanut Butter Cookies last?
These keep well for a couple of days in an airtight container at room temperature.
If desired freeze the cookies in an airtight freezer bag, they will last for 1-2 months.
I love cookies, especially ones that are shared with family and friends! I’ll be making a batch of these peanut butter cookies to share with my friend’s family – I hope you make a batch to share, too. Enjoy! XOXO San
Check out some of my other favorite cookie recipes:
- Best Ever Soft Sugar Cookie
- Best Ever Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 24-30 Rolo chocolate candies unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper or silcone mats.
- In a large mixing bowl or mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat together until smooth & creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture until well combined.
- Fill a cookie dough scoop about halfway with dough. Press 1 Rolo into the center, then fill the scoop with more dough to cover the Rolo. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, press down on each ball of dough to flatten and create a criss-cross pattern. Spinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not over bake* (see note), Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.