Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – soft, chewy and just like what you would get from a corner bakery but better because they come straight from your oven.
My family loves these cookies, especially my hubs. Which is kinda a cookie miracle since he literally is uber picky about cookies. He really only likes cookies with almond extract, lime zest, or a ton of pecans. So the fact that he loves these literally blew me away.
I love cookies as well but more of a cookie dough fan. With these Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies I would actually preserve the cookie dough to have more cookies. It’s true. I love that with these cookies you get a nice chewy center with a slightly crisp outer edge.
You could easily use mini-chocolate chips to get more of the cafe look for the cookies, but for me, I love using just regular chocolate chips. I love the big chunks of chocolate.
Here is the secret to these little bites of deliciousness. Cornstarch! Substituting some of the flour with cornstarch makes, the cookies softer and lighter in their texture. Not sure if you have ever used the cornstarch trick in your cakes as well, I recently just started this but you substitute 1 tablespoon of flour for 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and this makes cake flour. Making your cake light and fluffy! So doing this in cookies, has the same effect.
I love chocolate chip cookies. For years, I have been trying new things and ways to perfect them. Of course, when doing this I always think of that Friends episode of Monica losing the recipe that Phoebe gave her, that was her grandmother’s recipe for the best ever chocolate chip cookies. Monica spent hours trying to recreate it and then Phoebe remembers it is on the back of the Nestle Toll House bag of chocolate chips.
I can’t wait for you to try these amazing Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Trust me you may be making more than one batch the first day you make these. XOXO San
Don’t forget to pin this for Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt normal salt will do as well
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips I used mini-chocolate chips for cookies pictured
- Melt butter, I did this in my microwave for 45 seconds. Be sure to cover with a paper towel when heating the butter in the microwave or it will splatter.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch and stir to combine, set aside.
- Allow butter to cool to room temperature, then in a large mixing bowl add butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Cream using a hand mixer for one minute or until completely smooth and light.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla to butter mixture.
- Add flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand until evenly combined.
- Cover dough and set in the refrigerator. Allow to chill for 1 hour, sometimes I am not patient enough and only set it in there for 30 minutes and the cookies are just fine.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop dough and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until edges are a nice golden brown and center is still soft. Don't over bake! You want a chewy cookie.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then devour. You may need to make more than one batch; they are that good.