Sheet Pan Potatoes and Sausage is a deliciously gorgeous one-pan meal that is simple, easy, and wholesome.
This roasted potatoes and sausage recipe is a hit in our home, not just with the kids, but with mom. I love it because it takes little time to prep, and I feel good about serving it for dinner.
It’s been a struggle finding veggies that everyone likes. Aiden loves peppers, Cannon loves any green salad, Jojo loves edamame, Jersey loves her carrots and celery with loads of ranch dressing, and Madden hates all of them. The one vegetable that they can agree on is raw broccoli.
Now I am not a fan of raw broccoli but add garlic and olive oil; it makes it manageable. The combination of garlic broccoli, roasted potatoes, and sausages makes an insanely delicious meal we all like. Plus, it is a sheet pan meal, making it simple and ready to go with only a few simple steps.
I love simple meals that take little time but are wholesome and full of ingredients that will fuel the kids with their activities.
This is a great meal to sit down and enjoy as a family or on the go! I box these up in individual containers so the kids can eat this in the car, going from one practice to another. Jojo eats between dance classes; this meal is perfect as it isn’t messy.
Ingredients for roasted potatoes and sausage
- fresh broccoli with stems
- baby red potatoes
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- smoked sausage
How to make Sheet Pan Potatoes and Sausage
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, toss the potatoes (cut in half), 3 tablespoons olive oil, three cloves of garlic minced, and rosemary to coat the potatoes evenly.
Season with salt & pepper.
Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Add broccoli, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 clove of garlic minced in the same bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
Toss to coat broccoli.
Once the potatoes have cooked for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
Remove from the oven and turn each potato over, then add broccoli to a baking sheet and place back in the range.
Cook for another 8 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add sausages.
Mix it all, then spread out evenly on the pan, place it back in the oven, and bake for another 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, plate, and serve.
More sheet pan dinner ideas.
Pizza – who doesn’t love an easy Sheet Pan Pizza? This recipe is one of my kid’s favorites.
Sheet Pan Cajun Shrimp – fantastic to serve with rice, a salad, or noodles.
Want a collection of ideas? Check out these Best Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes.
Here are a few other delicious ideas:
Sheet Pan Dinner (Bourbon Chicken)
Easy Baked Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetable Sheet Pan Meal.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later!
Sheet Pan Potatoes and Sausage
- 4 cups chopped broccoli stems
- 24 ounces baby red potatoes cut in half
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 ounce smoked sausages sliced about an inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl toss together the potatoes (cut in half) 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic minced and rosemary to coat the potatoes evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 20-minutes.
- In the same bowl, add broccoli, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove of garlic minced and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat broccoli.
- Once the potatoes have cooked for 20-25 minutes or until fork-tender, remove from the oven and turn each potato over, then add broccoli to a baking sheet and place back in the oven. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and add sausages. Mix it all together and then spread out again evenly on the pan and place back in the oven and bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, plate and serve. Be sure to be careful on the first bite – it coming from the oven it can be hot. If you need to let it cool down for a few minutes.