This Easy Southwestern Pasta Salad is light, refreshing, and delicious. Serve as a side dish or add grilled chicken to make this a perfect meal on its own.
We love Mexican food! I especially love taco salad. My mother-in-law makes a killer Southwestern Taco Salad, it’s the dressing that makes it so spectacular.
Inspired by this and needing an easy, quick side dish to take to all our summer get-togethers. I came up with this pasta salad, using my mother-in-law’s dressing…this turned out oh so good! I added grilled chicken on top of it, which made it a complete meal. So serve it as a side dish or as the main course with your choice of meat.
Enjoy! XOXO San
How do you make Easy Southwestern Pasta Salad?
Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar with a lid and shake until combined; you can also add to a small bowl and stir.
In a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients. Add dressing and toss to combine.
Serve immediately or cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Easy Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound mini bowtie pasta cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 red or orange bell pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 3 corn cobs cooked and kernels removed from stem or 10 oz bag frozen corn defrosted
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes quartered, about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups cilantro coarsely chopped, 1-2 bunches
- 2 avocados cubed
- 1 cup cotija cheese optional, crumbled
- Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar with a lid and shake until combined; you can also add to a small bowl and stir vigorously.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, diced peppers, corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, anc cilantro. Pour in dressing and toss to combine, then gently toss in the avocado and cotija cheese.
- Serve immediately or cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Kids Review – This salad has fresh vegetables, there were a little freaked but were willing to eat the noodles. They loved that part. I took this around to neighbors, well because it makes a lot. Everyone loved it!!! First reactions were “this is so amazing and fresh”, “this feels so light and healthy, better than your normal creamy pasta salad” and “colorful”.