Chocolate Peanut Clusters are a super popular holiday treat that brings together the best of both worlds: chocolate and peanuts!
These little bite-sized chocolate covered peanut clusters are a breeze and perfect for sharing with loved ones or serving at festive parties. They’re a genius way to use extra ingredients from your other holiday baking adventures. So go ahead, whip up a batch.
To make chocolate peanut clusters, you will need chocolate chips and peanuts. You can choose to use dark, milk, or white chocolate, depending on your preference.
My Favorite Kitchen Tools To Make This Recipe
From trusty pots and pans to handy gadgets, I’ve curated a list of products I use and love.
More No Bake Sweet Treats
Our family always gets together during the holiday season to make delicious sweet treats. It’s a tradition we cherish! A few simple, no-bake recipes everyone loves is a must for our festive gatherings. That’s why Chocolate Peanut Clusters are always on the menu. They’re a crowd-pleaser and take no time at all to make.
So whether making them for yourself or sharing them with others, chocolate covered peanut clusters will bring joy and satisfy any sweet cravings during the holiday season.
Ingredients for Peanut Clusters
- Roasted and salted peanuts
- Milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Fine Sea salt, optional
- Holiday sprinkles or coarse sea salt, optional as a topper
Substitute any other roasted nuts, including cashews, almonds, pecans, or various nuts. They can be customized with different types of chocolate or additional ingredients to suit personal preferences.
We also love making these clusters with different chocolate types, like dark chocolate for a richer flavor or white chocolate for a sweeter touch.
For an added twist to this classic recipe, add other ingredients like pretzels, dried cranberries, or even mini marshmallows to give your chocolate peanut clusters a unique flavor and texture.
Pin This To Your Favorite Pinterest Board For Later.
Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- 4 cups roasted and salted peanuts
- 11 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt optional
- holiday sprinkles or coarse sea salt
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Add a few inches of water to the pot, ensuring it doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Heat the water over medium heat. Once it starts boiling, pop your bowl with chocolate on top.
- Melt the chocolate by stirring continuously until it's smooth. Once the chocolate has melted, take the bowl off the heat.
- Fold the roasted peanuts into the melted chocolate, making sure they're fully coated. Mix it up!
- Just drop a spoonful of the mixture onto the lined sheet. You can also use a large cookie dough scooper, my favorite method and less messy.
- Top with holiday sprinklers or coarse sea salt if you wish.
- Let the Chocolate Covered Peanuts sit at room temperature until they're set. If you're in a hurry, pop them in the fridge for 20-25 minutes. Keep the chocolate peanut clusters in an airtight container in the fridge and they'll stay good for up to 1 month.