Ice cream is a favorite treat. This easy, no-churn ice cream loaded with dark chocolate and fresh cherries is my take on Cherry Garcia Ice Cream.
Fresh cherries and chocolate are a delicious way to dress up ice cream, and adding a slice of cake makes it a perfect summer dessert.
With summer upon us, I couldn’t wait to use Fresh California-grown cherries in the dessert I planned to make. Cherries are in season for such a short time, and I always buy loads of them because they are of the highest quality when they are in season.
My Favorite Kitchen Tools To Make This Recipe
From trusty pots and pans to handy gadgets, I’ve curated a list of products I use and love.
I planned to make the ice cream from scratch – it’s an easy, no-churn recipe like my cookies & cream Nutella ice cream.
Homemade Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
How to Make No-Churn Ice Cream
To make the base, all you do is puree heavy cream, chocolate milk, sugar, a little salt, and vanilla until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
Place the blender in the refrigerator until the mixture is chilled. Transfer it to the freezer for 45 minutes. Remove it from the freezer and blend it for 15 to 20 seconds. Pour it into a serving container, cover it, and place it in the freezer for 45 minutes.
For the add-ins, I just chop fresh cherries and dark chocolate. I like to pop them in the freezer so they’re nice and cold when I add them to the base.
Remove the ice cream mixture from the freezer and whisk it. Add the chocolate and cherries and gently fold them into the base. Freeze for 45 minutes, whisk the mixture again, and then cover and freeze the ice cream until it’s firm and set.
I hope you treat yourself to some fresh cherries this summer! This recipe is one of my favorite ways to use them.
More Cherry Inspired Recipes
Pin To Your Favorite Pinterest Board!
Copycat Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate whole milk regular whole milk will work, too
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh California Cherries stems removed, pitted and coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (or milk chocolate or semi-sweet) finely chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the chopped cherries and chocolate together. Cover the bowl and place them in the freezer until ready to use.
- In a blender, puree the cream, chocolate milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Put the blender in the fridge until chilled. Once chilled, place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and blend for 15-20 seconds. Pour into the serving dish, cover, and place back in the freezer for another 45 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and whisk. Add the frozen chocolate and cherry mixture and gently mix in. Place back in the freezer for another 45 minutes. Repeat the process one to two more times, I usually just do once. Cover and leave in the freezer until completely set and ready to serve.
- This ice cream will melt faster than your typical store-bought ice cream. Serve immediately when taken out of the freezer.